PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] rattle noisy about 40km/h

yahopjh
14-11-2014, 06:41 PM
when I take off and then about 30 to 40km and I could hear the rattle noisy from the engine I think it's one of the drive belt pully sound but I am not sure it's almost
happening around that speed but I want help that I can find out what's the probelme
so , if someone has a problem like me please help me .. I really wanna sort things out
thanks

NeVeSiNS
16-11-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm having a similar issue with my CU2 (auto) mainly cold starts is when I notice it. Seems to fade away when warmed up or I'm just not paying as much attention to it.

It is really noticeable when driving on a road which have those side walls like on highways as the sound of it is heightened and rattles like mad.

However it is annoying me and I'm also looking into fixing asap.

As I need to get new shocks I will see if this makes any difference at all.

But after reading this post it has made me wonder if it could be a drive pulley too now.

I'm going to try and isolate the noise when I'm off from work next with a mate. He has access to a sealed off lot at his work where it will be quiet and plenty of room to do further investigation.

Will post up my findings anyway.

yahopjh
16-11-2014, 08:11 PM
yep it is clear noisy and I can hear most time about 30-40 km/h so , please let me know if you find anything thanks

Lozer
19-11-2014, 11:11 PM
I have a bad rattle under the motor but it is the silly metel pan that you have to take of every time i do a oil change.