PDA

View Full Version : 08 Accord Lux - Sat NAv

hammer
25-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Hi I'm new here so please be gentle.
I have a 2008 Accord Lux that I had since new, it was fine until the issue with the sat nav.
My Sat Nav over the last few months started coming up with "cannot read disk error" in most cases if I turned the car off and back on it was all ok. I have searched forums and Googled the issue. I found and followed instructions to clean the lens, this worked for a while and then it started failing again Lately it's been happening more frequently and now no matter what I do it does not work.
Today I called Honda and they quoted me over 5K for a new unit and also called Alpine and got quoted $400 for repair.
I am not spending 5K on a new unit and to repair the unit it will be $400 and I will still end up needing to update my maps another $$$.
What I was wondering is if anyone had this issue and what did they do ?
Just buy a NavMan/TomTom ? or put another compatible reader ?

The only thing about buying a NavMan or TomTom is ...how do you stop the error coming up on the factory display.

Thanks

hammer
28-11-2014, 09:58 AM
So am I the only one with this issue ???

nhp01
05-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Hi I'm new here so please be gentle.
I have a 2008 Accord Lux that I had since new, it was fine until the issue with the sat nav.
My Sat Nav over the last few months started coming up with "cannot read disk error" in most cases if I turned the car off and back on it was all ok. I have searched forums and Googled the issue. I found and followed instructions to clean the lens, this worked for a while and then it started failing again Lately it's been happening more frequently and now no matter what I do it does not work.
Today I called Honda and they quoted me over 5K for a new unit and also called Alpine and got quoted $400 for repair.
I am not spending 5K on a new unit and to repair the unit it will be $400 and I will still end up needing to update my maps another $$$.
What I was wondering is if anyone had this issue and what did they do ?
Just buy a NavMan/TomTom ? or put another compatible reader ?

The only thing about buying a NavMan or TomTom is ...how do you stop the error coming up on the factory display.

Thanks

I've got this problem before , suddenly it said Disc Read Error ..... I 've done the same like you did then it back on for couples of days ...This is very annoying ...I made a copy of the disc with a good quality blank disc then it solved the problem until now (more than 6 months) .I suggest you try this first before doing anything further to save your money.

hammer
29-01-2015, 08:53 PM
I've got this problem before , suddenly it said Disc Read Error ..... I 've done the same like you did then it back on for couples of days ...This is very annoying ...I made a copy of the disc with a good quality blank disc then it solved the problem until now (more than 6 months) .I suggest you try this first before doing anything further to save your money.
Got the original v13 disk and it worked for about 3 weeks then it started to occasionally work now it's pretty much dead