PDA

View Full Version : Removing Rear interior

vtc
12-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey all, ive got an Ek hatch back and was wondering if anyone has removed the rear boot interior. I need to get to the suspension tops to tighten them up but am confused on what exactly needs to go, cause im sure i dont need to take everything out. Or is there a better way to do this.

Anyone?

egSi
12-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Hey all, ive got an Ek hatch back and was wondering if anyone has removed the rear boot interior. I need to get to the suspension tops to tighten them up but am confused on what exactly needs to go, cause im sure i dont need to take everything out. Or is there a better way to do this.

Anyone?

take it all out and leave it all out

Steer^Gimic
12-04-2005, 03:51 PM
take it all out and leave it all out

werd!

but on a more practical note, all plastic trimmings on the sides are held on by about 3 or 4 screws. rest are all clips that you just yank on once screws are out. may have to take out seats as well. not familiar with ek
hope that helps.

ATSEK4
12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
you gotta take out all the rear interior man. like a race car. i was thinking to do it..

12-04-2005, 07:19 PM
wah, so much haste you guys ya!

WELL i would just take out the 6x9s, and buy the extension so you can reach the sussy top. that way you dont have to strip evrything. and then put it back in.:rolleyes:

and if not.. just strip evrything out and leave it..

or cut a hole at the sides, and also fit a rear strut brace

hope that helps

Perry
12-04-2005, 09:28 PM
wah, so much haste you guys ya!

WELL i would just take out the 6x9s, and buy the extension so you can reach the sussy top. that way you dont have to strip evrything. and then put it back in.:rolleyes:

and if not.. just strip evrything out and leave it..

or cut a hole at the sides, and also fit a rear strut brace

hope that helps

i would use this method as well:thumbsup:

EK Civic R
12-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Becareful when removing the clips for the trips..
U yank to hard and they'll just snap~ speaking from experience ~
And if you wanna get new clips I think they sell a pack of 50 from Honda
I've been told... dun know how accurate that info is though...

Anywayz... best thing just try it, get to know your car a lil better

ah8118
12-04-2005, 11:35 PM
trial and error dude. thats tthe only way to learn more about your own car. and as said, yank them with care.. don't wanna break any clips. by the time u hear a snap, its too late bro. :)

vtc
13-04-2005, 04:06 AM
yeah thanks guys! Ive tried taking off the clips but some of the panels seems to be attached to many places. like the one where the 6x9s are, that seems to run along side the rear seats.

Is there a special tool you can buy? ive been told to get a spanner or sumtin to hold the bottom nut in place and then tighten the top. Anyone konw the name of this tool?

13-04-2005, 01:24 PM
i would use this method as well:thumbsup:

thanks perry! :thumbsup: still gotta see your car.. hahahaha