PDA

View Full Version : Blitz SUS power filter

panda[cRx]
12-04-2005, 10:33 AM
anyone here tried one?

i was just curious as coz they are not oil based so they are actually legal. they are also the only pod i've seen made from steel mesh instead of foam. i've heard good things about them but it would be good to hear an unbiased opinion on them (ie. someone not trying to sell one to me:rolleyes: )

http://www.eautoworks.com/productimages/blitz_SUSintake.jpg

bennjamin
12-04-2005, 10:45 AM
SUSS power.....such honesty in advertising rofl.I love it.

BTW , this filter would be similar to a normal paper based elemement methinks , except it might be able to be cleaned.

panda[cRx]
12-04-2005, 10:54 AM
yeah its able to be cleaned, i was just curious as to its performance compared to other popular filters like apexi or whatever.

to me a pod is a pod they have minimal difference but i was curious as to what ppl had to say about them

sivic
12-04-2005, 02:17 PM
read a review somewhere (cant find it atm) comparing a number of the popular pods. this was good for flow but crap for filtration as the element is just a stainless mesh so isnt as fine. as far as flow goes most pods are pretty close - not enough to make a diff unless you were pushing some seriously big HP numbers ie: heavily modified RB26 type horsepower. so frankly i think you should be focusing on filtration quality, esp here in dusty oz.

oiled filters are the go:thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
12-04-2005, 02:19 PM
oiled filters are the go:thumbsup:

yet also defectable if u get an asshole cop ask u to pop the hood

ah8118
14-04-2005, 11:46 PM
not very good this air filter. my friend had one in his s15. cos its metal, it tends to get hot, and then when it gets hot, the air that goes in gets hot too. thats a big no no. so i would not recommend it. :)

tegstar83
15-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Panda Just get a CAI kit that u can put the filter in so the cop only sees a box and wont think anything of it.
Also why is an oil based filter illegal and what exactly are they do they have the filter soaked in oil? me thinks. But also cant u suck oil into the intake and then into ur engine??
Are there any pro's or con's to both types of filters??

panda[cRx]
15-04-2005, 02:40 AM
i was planning on doing a custom box anyway but i was still looking at the option of these. i guess i'll just go with an apexi or something

tegstar83
15-04-2005, 02:52 AM
but would u happen to know the diff between an oiled filter and the not?? and y it maybe illegal?

EuroAccord13
15-04-2005, 03:40 AM
but would u happen to know the diff between an oiled filter and the not?? and y it maybe illegal?

Oiled filters are illegal because EPA reckons that stuffs up the emissions and is bad for the environment..

Clever cops will know what brands are oiled (K&N, AEM etc)..

Some will run their finger through to see if there are any traces of oil etc... If you have an oiled filter and you get an EPA notice for the oiled filter, just wash the filter free of oil, drive it to the pits to have it checked, drive out go home and oil the filter again..

panda[cRx]
15-04-2005, 03:43 AM
it's illegal coz of emmission and its a 'fire risk' according to TMU cops i've spoken to.

there's also comments going around about the oils getting sucked in and getting in the MAF sensor. however i've never spoken to anynone thats had that problem

garett
15-04-2005, 06:55 PM
yeh its the fire risk... as the oil is apparently flammable which i dont think it is
so if it backfires and a flame shoots out your intake manifold and thus onto your filter it MAY ignite... however if your car was to do this it is obviously not running properly and would be un roadworthy

ah8118
15-04-2005, 07:57 PM
hahaha... heard of flames shooting out from exhaust.... but not from intake pipes... gosh, how cool will it be if the guy next to u starts shooting flames out of his bonnet!!! :D