PDA

View Full Version : Conversion to my eg need advise from the mentors

vinylwrap
12-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Not long ago my EG D15 stocka starting overheating its done already 270,000 klm then last week my water pump starting leaking coolant like hell.....went to the mechanics they quoted my $500 to repair the car I was like mmm I think it's time to upgrade;););)

What conversion can I do thats not going to break the bank I wanna keep the gearbox brakes etc I'm thinking of a D16Y1, B series i think is going to to be a little to expensive

I don't know what do you reckon???

All I want is the car to be running healthy with touch of vtech so get me bahhh bahhren around the hood....hope this enough info

Cheers,

EKVTIR-T
12-12-2014, 10:33 AM
yeah if just want reliable and economical get d16

they're cheap as chips

vinylwrap
12-12-2014, 10:48 AM
yeah if just want reliable and economical get d16

they're cheap as chips

You know where from thats reputable???......also fitted......how much you reckon all up???

Cheers

cbauto
12-12-2014, 10:53 AM
You know where from thats reputable???......also fitted......how much you reckon all up???

Cheers
there's a good place in south africa.

SUSMZR
12-12-2014, 11:14 AM
any place will charge $400 - $1000 (Normally say $500) to swap a motor of the same type.. If your going the D16 or B16/18 vtec route theres of course more installation required. Save up and drop a B series in there. Labor is from $1200 for a basic drop in turn key running package, you'll need to supply all the hardware (motor box mounts shifter ecu etc etc) expect $3-5,000 for a good B swap with all parts ...

PS i had the same problem and then same de-lemm-errrrrr where it cost too much for a replacement motor... so I just poured a bottle of Chemi-Weld in the rad and topped the water up, it fixed it right up in like 10 seconds... Lasted forever until the Timing belt snapped and i guttered the nugget and did a k24 swap haha..

vinylwrap
12-12-2014, 11:42 AM
any place will charge $400 - $1000 (Normally say $500) to swap a motor of the same type.. If your going the D16 or B16/18 vtec route theres of course more installation required. Save up and drop a B series in there. Labor is from $1200 for a basic drop in turn key running package, you'll need to supply all the hardware (motor box mounts shifter ecu etc etc) expect $3-5,000 for a good B swap with all parts ...

PS i had the same problem and then same de-lemm-errrrrr where it cost too much for a replacement motor... so I just poured a bottle of Chemi-Weld in the rad and topped the water up, it fixed it right up in like 10 seconds... Lasted forever until the Timing belt snapped and i guttered the nugget and did a k24 swap haha..

bottle of semi weld will stop the leak from the water pump???.....is that what your saying???

SUSMZR
12-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Yes. (Use at your own risk, as with anything!)

Purchase this: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Chemiweld-Radiator-Stop-Leak-325mL.aspx?pid=1104
Then follow the instructions. Pretty sure its just

- Top Rad with some water so it's not empty, but not 100% full
- While the motor is running and warmed up (Thermostat is open), Pour the Chemiweld into the radiator (Via the open Cap).
- It will run through the coolant passages and once it hits the leaks (air) it will seal.
- You'll notice the leaks stop right away. I went crazy and poured the whole bottle and maybe another LOL.
- But regardless like within 10 secs my water pump stopped leaking.
- Once all your leaks have stopped, flush the coolant system and refill with good coolant / water... or be lazy and just top the rad up with water like i did. LOL

SHOULD fix all your problems for 30 mins of your time and like $10.00 - $30.00 of your monies.
Good Luck.

vinylwrap
12-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Yes. (Use at your own risk, as with anything!)

Purchase this: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Chemiweld-Radiator-Stop-Leak-325mL.aspx?pid=1104
Then follow the instructions. Pretty sure its just

- Top Rad with some water so it's not empty, but not 100% full
- While the motor is running and warmed up (Thermostat is open), Pour the Chemiweld into the radiator (Via the open Cap).
- It will run through the coolant passages and once it hits the leaks (air) it will seal.
- You'll notice the leaks stop right away. I went crazy and poured the whole bottle and maybe another LOL.
- But regardless like within 10 secs my water pump stopped leaking.
- Once all your leaks have stopped, flush the coolant system and refill with good coolant / water... or be lazy and just top the rad up with water like i did. LOL

SHOULD fix all your problems for 30 mins of your time and like $10.00 - $30.00 of your monies.
Good Luck.

cheers brutha!.....ill give it a crack.....all good if it works D16 will be put away, if it doesn't work bonus! D16 in ya go!

whitecomet07
23-12-2014, 04:36 PM
If you are in nsw, im selling a d16y engine package for cheap.

RyanParsons
29-12-2014, 11:06 PM
Whitecomet07 . Still selling d16y engine ect ?

whitecomet07
30-12-2014, 04:13 PM
RyanParsons: yes I am still.