PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Accord V6L Specs

ppops
12-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi guys,

I was just after some information about the 98 Accord V6L Vtec engine.
It's automatic...
My dad recently bought the car and I took it for a drive the other night and I was presently suprised, it pulls really hard. I like it a lot.
I took on a 350Z, beat it off the line and it only caught me as we approached about 120km/h and we had to brake for traffic lights anyway.

Thanks. :D

ppops.

EuroAccord13
12-04-2005, 06:04 PM
You sure the 350Z was racing you or he later realised you are racing you therefore took you on? I just find it hard to believe that he only caught you after 100km/h.. beating him off the line, I believe but if only it's for a fraction of a second...

Anyways... WELCOME to OH.... :D

Here's some specs ripped off Redbook

Drive: Front Wheel Drive
Transmission: Automatic
No. Gears: 4
Gear Location: Floor
Engine Type: Piston
No. Cylinders: 6
Engine Size: 2997cc (3.0)
Engine Configuration: V90
CAM: Overhead Cam
Valves/Cylinder: 4
Engine Cycle: 4 Stroke
Fuel Type Petrol: - Unleaded (U
Power: 147kW @ 5600rpm
Torque: 265Nm
Acceleration 0-100Km/h: 8.6 secs
Fuel Consumption City: 11.5L/100km
Fuel Consumption Highway: 8L/100km
Method of Delivery: Electronic
Fuel Delivery: Multi-Point Injected
Induction: Naturally Aspirated
Wheel Base: 2715mm
Kerb Weight: 1454kg

ppops
12-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks for that EA13!

Well I had my foot on the brake revving the car like an idiot and he looked over so I'm pretty sure he knew the race was on....

He was kinda pissed off afterwards as well, he went nuts around a big corner in the city and I almost lost it around there trying to keep up (I had to ease off a bit).....he had pretty good grip, I couldn't keep up around the corner.

Believe me, I am suprised and so were a few mates that were in the car as well.

toE
13-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Leave any on-street race discussions out of this site please.
Only legal off-street race discussions in the Track/Drag Racing Forum.

265Nm of torque!
That's a fair amount.

:)

accordingly flash
14-04-2005, 07:45 PM
well i can vouch for the performace of these things............i own one,but i reckon i get better than 11.5 in the city and i drive her a bit hard,on the hway they are a real nice car and plenty of poke to pass when needed,but i dont think they have a lot of pull,like up hills my falcon use to pull plenty better so did my vl,but all i do is pull her back to 3rd and it pulls plenty well up hills.i would be keen to hear how youre dads gearbox ix mine is a bit harsh...like real harsh on kickdown.

ppops
14-04-2005, 08:54 PM
well i can vouch for the performace of these things............i own one,but i reckon i get better than 11.5 in the city and i drive her a bit hard,on the hway they are a real nice car and plenty of poke to pass when needed,but i dont think they have a lot of pull,like up hills my falcon use to pull plenty better so did my vl,but all i do is pull her back to 3rd and it pulls plenty well up hills.i would be keen to hear how youre dads gearbox ix mine is a bit harsh...like real harsh on kickdown.

Yeah I know what you mean bout being harsh on kickdown.....it jerks a lot. Its smooth when you drive it properly. ;)