PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust system questions

EuphoricSky
11-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Hello,

I'm looking at replacing my stock exhaust system on my Civic EK1 1999 but first I'm just doing some research on whether to get the whole thing including headers, just a bolt-on catback (so I can install it my self), or just the muffler. I'm looking at performance over sound.

I've read on here that installing the headers and a 'bolt-on' system is a manageable DIY job, but does that only refer to a bolt-on system or can I install any catback exhaust myself? Also with a catback would the stock muffler be able to bolt on to the pipe? (for an easy switch when defected)

I'm looking at three brands: Apexi, Xforce and OBX.

Just wanted to get your guys opinions, recommendations and also places to get a full exhaust system including headers installed in Sydney.

Thanks

MAZ.827
12-01-2015, 10:43 PM
installing a full system including headers on a SOHC non vtec engine you wont feel as much of a difference in performance, you might gain a few kw but nothing noticeable enough to make you sink into your seat, the sound part is probably the thing that will change, and it will sound sooo much better. should get a intake as well. there are plenty of places around Sydney, see whats closest to you man.

as for the brands, you mainly paying for the name of the company on the pipe, no different from any other metal pipe (from what ive read here)

VT3C
13-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Hello,

I'm looking at replacing my stock exhaust system on my Civic EK1 1999 but first I'm just doing some research on whether to get the whole thing including headers, just a bolt-on catback (so I can install it my self), or just the muffler. I'm looking at performance over sound.

I've read on here that installing the headers and a 'bolt-on' system is a manageable DIY job, but does that only refer to a bolt-on system or can I install any catback exhaust myself? Also with a catback would the stock muffler be able to bolt on to the pipe? (for an easy switch when defected)

I'm looking at three brands: Apexi, Xforce and OBX.

Just wanted to get your guys opinions, recommendations and also places to get a full exhaust system including headers installed in Sydney.

Thanks

Can do you a Spoon System cat-back or axle back.. PM me for price :)

EKVTIR-T
13-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Do headers,hi flow cat and cold air intake,will make it feel more peppy

dont really need to do catback on a stock d series

dove grey 64
16-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Most likely see more top end results.

EuphoricSky
17-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Alright cools

EuphoricSky
17-01-2015, 10:12 PM
PMing you

MAZ.827
19-01-2015, 08:35 PM
any updates?

and if so, what?

EuphoricSky
10-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Yeah, decided to just get an OBX Twin loop 2.5 Muffler.