PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to buy a car in Brisbane but from Melbourne

illasfvck
20-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Hi guys, like the title says, I've found a car I'd like to buy, a DC2 VTIR to be exact, only problem is that I'm in Melbourne and the car is in Brisbane. The plan is to fly up to Brisbane and drive the car down to Melbourne. But before I waste my money on a plane ticket, I was wondering whats the best way to inspect the vehicle, does anyone know any services available that can inspect the vehicle? Maybe even a thrust worthy forum member? Has anyone done this sort of thing before? Thanks in advance

OzNewbie
21-01-2015, 05:12 PM
im planning on using RACQ if i find anything in other states.

$99 check or more comprehensive $175 check.

i will keep an eye on this thread for other suggestions though.

Johnie
21-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Dont waste ur time or money on 3rd party checks, just fly up if its what your looking for, do the ussal checks when you get there to make sure it makes it back
and talk to the seller if theres anything u should you no, about a 20 hour drive back so 2 days up there and back, dont go alone, i have to sydney and was a oding drive back

OzNewbie
22-01-2015, 01:00 PM
i would pay someone $99 for a check over, then fly up and look over it myself and drive it back.

Just incase the seller, says its mint etc and turns out to be a complete mess. at least the 3rd party can give you an indication if its worth the hassle of flying up. finding out its a sh*tbox. arranging a last minute flight back ($$$) empty handed

illasfvck
23-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I just went on the RACQ website and was wondering which on was the $99 check? http://www.racq.com.au/cars-and-driving/products-and-services/vehicle-inspections
Do you reckon the $265 mobile inspection is too pricey for what it is or is it a decent price? Thanks in advance

integraR
23-01-2015, 02:06 PM
265 is ok if you are getting a report and includes the thing they have listed

As for example if the car has a bent subframe or chassis you'll have a hard time registering in vid and fixing it
Keep in mind that
Vtir are generally older cars that are 16+ years old

I rkn get the report and send it to you and if it all checks out then travel to qld and buy

RenzokukenJ
23-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Cars are meant for driving

Drive there

Drive back

Inb4my boots are made for walking
And that's just what they'll do
If you're not careful they'll come walking all over you

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-01-2015, 11:00 PM
my boots are made for walking
And that's just what they'll do