PDA

View Full Version : Wheel alignment question

kerfuffel
08-02-2015, 03:27 PM
So I plan on getting a new spring/shock combo for my cl9. I'm sure I'm capable of installing it myself and i want to give it a crack because why not? Just wondering if after I have installed the new shocks that is it safe to drive it before i get a wheel alignment? I would only be driving to the shop to get a wheel alignment which is barely 1km down the road.

Cheers in advance

curtis265
08-02-2015, 03:36 PM
install them, let the springs settle for 2 weeks and then get the alignment done

ECU-MAN
08-02-2015, 08:03 PM
install them, let the springs settle for 2 weeks and then get the alignment done

No offence but that is pretty bad advice.

You should get you car aligned immediately. The CL9 will not meet alignment specifications with out camber kits either.

Tyres will get chewed out quickly if not aligned, not to mention poor drivability if camber kits where installed as well. Car can crab down the road, braking distance will be degraded ect.

kerfuffel
08-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Yeah the rear camber kit is next on my list. As for the alignment the springs and shocks are second hand so they should already be settled. I assume the right idea is that it's safe enough for me to drive to the alignment shop?

DRMZON
08-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Yeah the rear camber kit is next on my list. As for the alignment the springs and shocks are second hand so they should already be settled. I assume the right idea is that it's safe enough for me to drive to the alignment shop?

Yes it's safe to drive to the alignment shop lol.

kerfuffel
08-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Yes it's safe to drive to the alignment shop lol.

Hahah thanks mate that's all I was after

curtis265
08-02-2015, 10:28 PM
none taken, i just thought it was a general rule of thumb

RenzokukenJ
09-02-2015, 08:33 AM
When I changed my Coilovers to stock in my prelude, it's been 2 years since then no alignment, still heaps of tread on tires lol

DRMZON
09-02-2015, 08:35 AM
When I changed my Coilovers to stock in my prelude, it's been 2 years since then no alignment, still heaps of tread on tires lol

Universal alignment

ECU-MAN
09-02-2015, 11:16 AM

Cant judge Prelude with CL9

different suspensions react differently to different ride heights

RenzokukenJ
09-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Universal alignment
Automatic alignment

Cant judge Prelude with CL9

different suspensions react differently to different ride heights
I was just unsure if you were referring to getting an alignment asap due to the type of car/suspension or not...

SHOGUNOVDDRK
09-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Automatic alignment

Frozen nuts alignment