PDA

View Full Version : Put my coilovers in!!

petrovski
13-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Well . . . .

I finally put my coilovers in on Friday night!

I finished work at about 12 and my mate came around about 1 so we got started at about 1.30 and finished at about 6 I think.

Since neither of us have ever had anything to do with suspension i think we did a pretty good effort.

Lowered the car 70mm (2.75 inches) all around and it looks LOW . . . really low.

Surprisingly its still legal . . . . . just (we think).

On saturday night went to another mates house and was looking at the gaps between the wheels and the guards and noticed the front passenger side was about 10mm higher than the front drivers side. We had a look around and found that the top of the struts where the two rubbers were, were moving and I had no idea why. . . .

so booked my car into pedders on monday for today (tuesday). Went up today and was getting them to check it out and get the camber pin kit put in.
Mid morning the guy rings me up saying he has to take the front struts out to figure it out. I am now thinking F(#* what have i done.

So this afternoon picked my car up and was thinking crap crap crap. Talked to the guy and he said out of everything all i missed was these 2 little washers (one either side) that go between the 2 rubbers at the top of the struts. He said after that the camber was set to 1 1/4 degrees one side and 7/8 degress the other side (i cant rember which is which and i have also forgotten the reason) and that the suspension was all ok now and everything was aligned and checked out fine :cool: :thumbsup:

took the car round the corner and there was this knocking noise coming from the front left. S*&(. :( :confused: Took it straight back told him and he said its the left side isnt it?? Yeah! So he grabbed allen keys and spanners walked out and said turn it full lock left. So i did. He got under and was there about 30 seconds and got up again. He said useless mechanic. It was the other guy that did that side and didnt adjust the swaybar lengths. he said if there were anymore problems give him a call.

So left again and damn. . . . the jazz can HANDLE!!!

So everything is good now just have to raise the back now a little bc it scrapes too much.

heres a pic of it lowered:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/petrovski/DCP02597.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/petrovski/stockvtis.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/petrovski/noplate.jpg

just for you typeg :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/petrovski/DCP02583.jpg
Ive also got the spoon lower arm bar in and am now just waiting for my j's racing stuff.

So far i reckon id give it all at least a 9/10 (prob bc ive never had coilovers before and i think it handles incredibly)

Pete :)

sheepo
13-04-2005, 01:59 AM
u make me miss my jazz :(

TypeG
13-04-2005, 02:02 AM
u shuold always adjust yr height to what u want b4 u do yr alignment as u have to spend $ to align again after u adjust the right height.

but sound like u even forgot to put what yr coilover brand(ZEAL he is using ) is and dun even have a picture on yr coilover alone as i more interested to see how it look alone =)

toE
13-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Congrats on the purchase and the fitting.
Glad it worked out for you. :)

So, what model Zeal are these?

And from the first pic, the rear looks lower than the front. Or am I seeing things?

petrovski
13-04-2005, 02:35 AM
they are the Zeal Blue Panther coilovers for GD1/GD3.

it seems to be pretty level all around . . .maybe its the pic but will get back to you on that one. I measured the backs before and after at the wheel guards to the ground. Went from 62cm ddown to 55cm but forgot to measure the front so have to go find a stock vtis to measure it to be certain but it drop a hell of a lot like the back . . .

the pic of the stock jazz i tried resizing it so i think i put it out of proportion as well possibly :confused:

i will try get some side photos to maybe see some camber?! can sort of not really tell its got it but will try.

Dreams
13-04-2005, 07:41 AM
congrats man,
did u get taxed when it arrive?

tonmasi
13-04-2005, 09:13 AM
how long did it take to get to you after you ordered it?

petrovski
13-04-2005, 03:02 PM
no tax when it came in and took 3 days ems

egSi
13-04-2005, 03:09 PM
looks nice as hell man :thumbsup:

well done on the DIY lol, u should of done a write up tho ;)

dc2dc2dc2
13-04-2005, 03:38 PM
lol...the back is like dumped! pimpism' good work!

TypeG
13-04-2005, 05:31 PM
i dun like the color..... i think it will have engless blue color at least =(
also u got a pic of the linkage from the sway bar to yr shocker as well?

Zimp13
13-04-2005, 06:47 PM
i think thats way too low.... once all occupied the car will drop more.... gonna have problems with the cops.... heheheh... but i like it... looks GOOD!!!!

D16Y
13-04-2005, 06:55 PM
damn thats lookin nice

08ESE
13-04-2005, 07:55 PM
big wheels time!

^CarBoy^
14-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Petrovski: your jazz looks great!!! As you said the rear is a bit low, so yeah... raise it up alittle. But over all looks excellent! I wish my Jazz is like that aswell!!! :( I'll get there soon!

edw-R
14-04-2005, 02:45 AM
I love super-low car. If i do a super low, i can't back home.

panda
31-05-2005, 06:31 PM
looks nice as hell man :thumbsup:

well done on the DIY lol, u should of done a write up tho ;)

yes! i am going to diy install my teins sometime soon, petrovski any tips and helpful hints before i go about it, thanks in advance :D

L15A
31-05-2005, 10:11 PM
How much did you get the coilover for?

egads
01-06-2005, 10:01 AM
yeah that looks low! lucky its adjustable hehe :p