PDA

View Full Version : Sensor leak?

Nazz
25-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Hey pals,

I'm not really good with cars at all, just wondering if anyone could tell me what sensor this is, if it is a sensor at all.

It's located under the oil filter, right above the headers, and it does drip onto the headers making a real bad burning oil smell, I did a bit of research and people saying it was the oil pressure sensor, but I'm not to sure myself.

Whenever I turn my car on, it starts to drip profusely, I have at least 600 oil leaks and its time to start fixing them -.-

If anyone could give a poor man a hand identifying this and where to get a new one from, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks bros.

PS. sorry bout the bad photo, it's the best I could get :(

RenzokukenJ
25-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Oil pressure sensor, does often leak, you can get a new one from Honda directly - might be bit costly..

Where are you based?

Btw for the other oil leaks, check this site out:

http://www.preludezone.com/general-tech-talk/51437-official-oil-coolant-leaking-thread.html

RenzokukenJ
25-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Just checked ebay, 40 bucks free shipping to Australia. Easy peasy.

Nazz
25-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Located in Melbourne dude!
Might go ask Honda and see what price they're looking for before I get one online.
Thanks heaps dude.

RenzokukenJ
25-02-2015, 01:15 PM
All good! Nasty oil leak that is.

Btw your oil cooler seal looks to be leaking too which is very common, be prepared to buy a 32 socket to get the bastard off lol

Nazz
25-02-2015, 01:37 PM
haha among other things, you should see the bottom of my block, when I raised it on the hoist, I nearly had a nightmare. was completely covered in oil, I need to fix that sensor before i cant clean it and see where the other leaks are coming from -.-

Jasemas
25-02-2015, 03:42 PM
x2 for leaky valve cover gasket, cam seal, dizzy o ring seal, VTEC solenoid seal
List goes on and on

Nazz
25-02-2015, 03:55 PM
yeah dude, all of which are leaking -.-

RenzokukenJ
25-02-2015, 04:27 PM
haha among other things, you should see the bottom of my block, when I raised it on the hoist, I nearly had a nightmare. was completely covered in oil, I need to fix that sensor before i cant clean it and see where the other leaks are coming from -.-
Dafaq

Das not it

x2 for leaky valve cover gasket, cam seal, dizzy o ring seal, VTEC solenoid seal
List goes on and on

yeah dude, all of which are leaking -.-
Don't rule them all to be leaking, that link I posted is a good indication of where things will leak to/from, already from that picture it seems that the oil cooler seal could be leaking onto/over the sensor which may make it look like it's leaking from there but it's not

Mine got so bad I had to change it eventually, I would 100% change that first to see what else is leaking

Valve cover would be obvious, the others wouldn't be so common as to change - cam seals can leak but often not enough to be serious enough to change - same with distributor o ring

Vtec solenoid leaks often too but again not so much an issue as the others

Nazz
25-02-2015, 04:46 PM
The sensor is leaking 100%, this morning I jacked it and stuck my head under when I started it and got a mouthful of oil from there -.-. But I need to fix that first so that I can actually drive it to a car wash to clean it and see exactly where all my leaks are coming from. The valve cover is another obvious one that is just leaking all over the back of the engine, cam seal actually might not be, but I've read that it's better to change it anyway just because the stock one tends to be shitty anyway. As for like the VTEC solenoid I think thats the only thing thats actually dry in my car -.- haha

RenzokukenJ
25-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Loooooool shiet

Hope you get it sorted!

Nazz
25-02-2015, 04:58 PM
fingers crossed haha, cheers for the help dude!

Jasemas
25-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Mouthful of oil
Would eat/10