PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some lug nuts please? :)

cougarbait
09-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Bought some aftermarket wheels which are gunmetal so seems I'll have to buy some new lug nuts :) Can anyone recommend any for me for a DC5? Have never had to swap lugs before but have been told that theres no point buying 'lock nuts' if anyone were to suggest them as if thieves want the wheels, they'll find a way to get them (read on another forum).

Would prefer a shop within Australia too where I can purchase them so I can get these wheels on quick smart :D Cheers!

Vvvtec
09-03-2015, 11:34 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RAYS-Wheel-Lug-Nuts-Steel-Lock-Nut-Set-17HEX-Type-5-stud-Black-M12xP1-25-/271795362353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f48441a31

curtis265
09-03-2015, 12:08 PM
First and foremost, you will need nuts that seat properly. as long as they meet that then the rest is your choice as to how much you want to spend

RenzokukenJ
09-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Get fn2 nuts, they are oem seats with lock nut

curtis265
09-03-2015, 12:36 PM

I don't quite inderstand, can you please post pix of your nuts

RenzokukenJ
09-03-2015, 12:41 PM
I would but I don't want infraction eh heeeeee

androo
09-03-2015, 02:54 PM

He got aftermarket wheels so wrong seating. But OP, what is your budget?

People have varying views of lock nuts but my view is that they are worth it. Your argument (or the arguments you've heard) are fairly invalid as it could also apply to why you would install an alarm on your car or your house. If people want to steal your car or get into your house enough, they will find a way as well.

It's all about deterring would be offenders and slowing them down if they decided to go ahead. Nothing is full proof but everything is better than nothing.

RenzokukenJ
09-03-2015, 02:55 PM

People have varying views of lock nuts but my view is that they are worth it. Your argument (or the arguments you've heard) are fairly invalid as it could also apply to why you would install an alarm on your car or your house. If people want to steal your car or get into your house enough, they will find a way as well.

It's all about deterring would be offenders and slowing them down if they decided to go ahead. Nothing is full proof but everything is better than nothing.
Yh just realised, watajk

Get mugen lugs srs

Had some on my prelude, was ballin

u mad?
09-03-2015, 02:57 PM

thats why i weld my lugnuts on

then simply oxy them off when needed

in the 5 years i have been motoring, i am yet to come back to a wheel-less car

RenzokukenJ
09-03-2015, 03:06 PM
thats why i weld my lugnuts on

then simply oxy them off when needed

in the 5 years i have been motoring, i am yet to come back to a wheel-less car
Interesting fact, the weight difference with lug nuts vs welding - welding strips ~10kg of unsprung weight which helps greatly with acceleration.

cougarbait
09-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the replies - as I don't know much about lug nuts I figured I'd decide on lug nuts purely by what I think is more suitable so budget is fairly open.. I'm always parked securely though and my wheels aren't in the CE28 price range - if they were I'd be more security conscious :) It's more the fact that I need a new set to match the wheel colour to be honest, I'd consider more unique colours too like teal etc

As for the link above they're in Japan though :(

cougarbait
09-03-2015, 10:33 PM
These seem to be the same as the above or am I missing something? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rays-Engineering-Style-Wheel-Lug-Dura-Nuts-35mm-M12-x-1-25-Black-/221350058444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33897dd9cc

Sydney based too.. well NSW anyway

cbauto
09-03-2015, 11:49 PM
These seem to be the same as the above or am I missing something? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rays-Engineering-Style-Wheel-Lug-Dura-Nuts-35mm-M12-x-1-25-Black-/221350058444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33897dd9cc

Sydney based too.. well NSW anyway
they wont fit ur honda and they're fake

btw

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to u mad? again.

cougarbait
10-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Which shops are Sydney based and don't sell fake ones?

cbauto
10-03-2015, 02:25 AM
get this 5 of these if you ball http://shop.mcgard.com/cone-seat-under-hub-cap-wheel-lock-set-m12-x-1-5-thread-size-set-of-4-locks-and-1-key?sku=24012

or the ones recommended on the 2nd post of this thread.

cougarbait
10-03-2015, 02:36 AM
They only have silver, and they're in Japan..

EDIT: Are the extended lugs just for looks or do they serve a purpose as opposed to the shorter lugs?

cbauto
10-03-2015, 03:21 AM
They only have silver, and they're in Japan..

EDIT: Are the extended lugs just for looks or do they serve a purpose as opposed to the shorter lugs?
extended lugs are for people that need them. Do you need them?

Usually they are needed for the use of spacers.

curtis265
10-03-2015, 06:04 PM
extended lugs are for extended studs

rocket science i know

cougarbait
10-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Buying my first set of aftermarket wheels is an excellent way to learn all these things anyway :D But I know what you mean regarding spacers, I remember someone I knew did that to their car but they're in the states. Think I'm just going to buy the cheaper lugs which have the highest number of purchases/feedback.

MIKO_OL
18-03-2015, 07:04 PM
If your in sydey and i'm going to go into the consumption that you want that looks "cool & functionable." Go check out JDMYARD's Lug nuts. Full set for your honda for $80 and they are the long type. If you don't care about these factors and more worries about people stealing your wheels and want quality. As said by CBauto, go for the mcgards had a set on mine before they were great. Good quality made in US one of a kind lock nut and a nice OEM look and cost about $60-70 from ebay. Find out what you want from them first before buying a set. but can't go wrong with JDMYARDS ones, has been used on track.