PDA

View Full Version : Radio/Faceplate replacement

Spamuel44
17-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Just Bought a 2003 Euro Accord Luxury a few months ago and I'm looking to put my own radio in, I couldn't see anything about it in the sticky and all the other threads I've seen are very old (around 2005)

So i was wondering whats the best option? I've seen some that replace the radio/AC with a double/single din + aircon controls but they are around $250-$350 and I'm sure there's something else better/cheaper than that. I've also heard about speaking to the dealer to get a bracket for the storage bin under the aircon/radio for around $90 but the placement of its makes it look difficult to see and use with my gearstick in the way, do the dealerships have anything else other than that? and i could assume they would be quite expensive as well.

Also I have basically no experience with changing/replacing anything in a car but I assume I wouldn't be too difficult

Fredoops
18-03-2015, 11:54 PM
There's a dedicated accord euro sub forum , which is probably why your search came back negative, all the info are in there.

Now, one course of action is to get a bracket fo a single or double din and turn the storage area below the head unit into the radio system.