PDA

View Full Version : o2 Sensor in Aus Spec ITR...

UR2L8
09-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Anyone with an R, please tell me if this is normal. Should the o2 sensor be connected to anything from the exhaust? becuase the o2 sensor on mine is connected to the exhaust screwed on and everything with the plug at the end to connect to something but when I reached underneath the car, I and the mechanics found no where to connect the o2 sensor in. ????this is strange since the o2 is srewed into the exhaust but nothing alse.
When the car is switched on and does all the checks fine, and no warning signals or anything.
I have a 99 DC2 B18C7

Jim80y
11-01-2004, 05:13 AM
02 Sensor plugs into the header near the top of the collector.

EDIT: sorry you were talking about the other end :oops:

TODA AU
11-01-2004, 08:00 AM
The plug you're looking for aught to be clipped to the factory oil-air separator on the back of the block.
It's a little to the drivers side of the oil filter, approx level with the starter motor... Engine side of the transmission / engine block split line.

UR2L8
12-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Just fixed the o2 sensor. It was never connected and everyone was surprized because I would have had a warning engine light in the dash or car wont start or something, but it never happened. We connected it and yeah no difference. Very strange that it wasnt connected though.