PDA

View Full Version : help Steering pulling to left

noob1
20-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Has anyone experienced this before?

my steering wheel pulls a bit to the left.

mostly happens while driving on slanted road or when coming to a stop.

i have to hold the steering straight otherwise wonders to left quite quickly sometimes and less other times.

is it normal to get a pull sometimes?

Hondarally
20-04-2015, 10:17 AM
On steeply cambered roads, slight pull like this is normal. However, sounds like your wheel alignment might be out (possibly a bit of toe out). Get the alignment checked, and at the same time check for loose tie rod ends, suspension bushes and ball joints. Also, if it's happening under braking, could be a sticky caliper on the opposite side (or fluid leak, contaminating the pad surface) though I think that is less likely.

noob1
20-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks hondarally,

The car is brand new only done 2.5k so far have had it for 4 months...
so hopefully it is just alignment.
I did hit a pot hole at high speed on front left tyre, can just hitting one pot hole really stuff things up on a brand new car?

curtis265
20-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Thanks hondarally,

The car is brand new only done 2.5k so far have had it for 4 months...
so hopefully it is just alignment.
I did hit a pot hole at high speed on front left tyre, can just hitting one pot hole really stuff things up on a brand new car?

yes. it's impact damage - nothing to do with age.

euro24L
20-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Might be normal. Roads in Aus are purposely slanted to the left to avoid head ons. Your tyre design may emphasize the effect.

But yeah sounds like ur car needs an alignment.

chuboy
29-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Get an alignment, if the problem doesn't go away completely then it is normal operation for Euros, my CL9 has done it forever, just a byproduct of suspension tune with the camber of our roads (designed to cope with runoff from heavy rainfall).

Do keep an eye on your treadwear though because driving along with RH steering pressure all the time will gradually cause uneven wear. Bidirectional tyres are better here because you can rotate wheels them to the other side of your car to balance the wear.