PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood of the CL9

CL9er
30-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Well after lurking on the sidelines it looks like I'm about to join your ranks!

All being well the Glw and I will be roadtrippin to pick up a very clean and tidy '08 Cl9 lux with Satnav this weekend.

I still can't believe how much car you get for the price of these nowadays...

Anyway first mods will be interna, is the Grom solution the best way to get an auxiliary in and bt phone connectivity?

The mapping on this particular beast looks to be V13... What's the latest and how does one aquire it?

The Mrs is pretty excited to be getting 'bum warmer seat's in time for winter and this will be her DD - a little more refined than an SS ute!

Will be looking to make a few tasteful mods but not so much wrt chasing power...kinda pointless in this, just keen to improve the all round ride of an already good all round vehicle.

Thanks for reading and please share any opinions!

Fredoops
01-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Then gps navigation disk Is up to version 21 now.

It costs a bomb from honda, there is a seller on the Internet that sells copies, but it's still $250 for the latest version

CL9er
02-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the tips Fred, you seem.to be quite the resource on this forum...
So pulled the trigger today 28084
Been given a loan car Mazda 6 2011 model to get around Melbourne in until pickup on Monday... Chalk and cheese these two cars, I definitely made the right choice!!!

amant02
02-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Hi Welcome.

Nice buy was considering one myself, but still a sucker for the coupe here.

Fredloops is ozhondas accord knowledge king tittle holder atm.

Also wow $250 for the lastest firmware, have you guys looked around torrents or other not so honda dealership firendly means?

antony
04-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Great car,how much did you get it for ???

CL9er
05-05-2015, 10:25 PM
I can't believe how good a buy these are!
After driving the Accord (time for a name - maybe Akemi???) back from Geelong to Southern Rads I got a pretty good feel for the girl. I also had the privilege of driving an Audi 8P A3 1.8t over to Melbourne (I trip i have done a few times) and a 2011 Mazda 6 while i was in Vic, not sure on badging but also a premium model with xenons and leather etc.

Things I learned:
The Euro left the other two for dead.
The Audi is a basic spec 'Ambition' with DSG but with an S line suspension pack, which i found quite harsh for day to day and even freeway driving - without seeming to gain a handling edge relative to my Honda.
BTW we have been driving the Audi for 6 or so weeks and absolutely love that little car. Just happen to love the Honda even more.

The 6 was a loan car from the dealer I purchased Akemi from while they de-registered her and prepared her for sale. It was a pleasant ride and quite frugal but the seats felt hard and flat by comparison and the engine gutless. Also it was an M6 box and the lockout for R which is up next to 1st was horrible. The whole gear change lacked the precision and 'notchiness' (as my wife outs it) of the euro. Even though it is a 2011 vs the '08 of my car (and 87k vs 127k) I couldn't believe they were asking $7500 more when it has no touchscreen, no navi, no heated seats, no rain sensing wipers etc etc etc...

So the best things about my new chariot (well the Mrs DD in truth) in no particular order:

1)The HIDs are truly awesome, sah goooood.
2)Rain sensing wipers are an absolute Godsend...after freaking me out a little the first time they came on.
3)The seats are probably the most comfy and supportive standard items I have ever had the pleasure of sitting in, at least this side of a 5/7 Series or S class etc.
4)Interior noise levels are very impressive, far better than both the 2008 Audi A3 and 2011 Mazda 6 we had recently been driving.
5)The K24 is a peach - especially up towards the redline & the feel of the clutch and M6T are also brilliant for a mid size luxo barge.
6)Factory sound system is surprisingly good
7)Steering wheel controls are really intuitive and well laid out
8)Heated seats kept a smile on the GLW's face the whole drive home.

All that said this is clearly no race car and takes some adjusting coming from an L98 6.0 but was probably even more fun coming down thru the hills from Mt Barker to Kangarilla.

Also, there are sooooo many dickheads out on National Highway 1 :D

Anyway, I think were in love ;)

CL9er
08-06-2015, 08:50 AM
So to follow up 1 month later, overall still very happy but have a few questions...would love to harvest some of the collective knowledge please!

1) Audio upgrade wise - are the $80 eBay usb/aux in boxes good quality and or noise free?
Keen to fit one and hoping the usb in will accept both android and apple with an adapter cable.

I have bought a bulk pack of STP sound deadening which I plan to fit Asap and have a hybrid pair of splits for the front and a focal 8" sub that fits perfectly thru the ski port. Will run the system thru a 5 channel Steg amp and finally run a Mosconi 4 to 6 Dsp (eventually) for a time aligned, EQd, active front stage...

2 - I need a spare key The original owner had the spare in her handbag which was apparently stolen. I read thru the switchblade key for Cu2 thread and am confused as to whether this is an option for our cars (Cl9).
Any pointers on where best to source a second key with transmitter etc?

Anyone running white walls on stock rims? I reckon this would look pretty deluxe! Keen to see any pics ;)

Cheers guys, over to you.

safetycar
08-06-2015, 04:04 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALLin1-FLIP-KEY-06-07-ACCORD-IMMOBILIZER-CHIP-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-FOB-3m-cH-/360795660026

CL9er
08-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Hi Safetycar... That link is for Cl9 euros in Aus and not just plain Jane accords?
Ta

safetycar
08-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Message the seller before buying, they definitely have ones that work with AUDM CL9's.

Fredoops
08-06-2015, 07:22 PM
It's the same key and chip