PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket parts compatability

Blaze
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
So I'm in the market for a H/CAI/E + ecu.
Most of the online stores I've been browsing don't specify whether the parts are compatible with a CRX (eg2).

For the headers I'm under the impression that all headers for B-series are cross compatible. I'm not 100% sure on what to look for in the compatibility for exhaust and intake areas though. I don't mind spending the cash on premium products but I don't know how to choose, if that makes sense... Is the engine bay layout for the EG2 the same as an EG6 for CAI? As for exhaust, I've mentioned elsewhere that I'm after a Fujitsubo Legalis R and 200cpi CAT. Can anyone help me find somewhere where I can get the parts?

I've emailed a few shops without reply at all.

Thanks guys. I hope I'm not frustrating the shit out of you all. I really want to do everything properly from the get go rather than waste money everywhere and have to chop and change.

VT3C
02-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Blaze, fair questions there - it is a bit confusing with the EG2 Del Sols and compatibility..

Headers for B-series VTEC are all compatible but the higher deck-height of a B18C/B16B Header will hang a little low on your B16A.. not nesc a problem unless you are riding very low. I run the Spoon 4-2-1 (B16B/18C) on my EG B16A and it sits a little low but i run height suitable for track use so not a problem. I've run Mugen 4-1 (for B18C) which was about he same.

Under the hood, basically from the firewall forward is same as EG6/EG9 and so intakes for those models will work fine. DC2 Intake wont line up too well and runs too close to the HOT water hoses for my liking.

FYi the Exhaust B-Pipe for EG6 will work but the axle-back for EG6/EK4/EK9/DC2 wont work on Del Sol. We've had some customers use the Spoon B-Pipe for EG6/EK9 and the Axle-back N1 muffler for DB8 Integra (4-Door) and only requires slight modification to the hangers - the length is fine for Del Sol.

On my old Del Sol I did a LOT of experimentation with intakes etc and if you have a stock airbox, KEEP IT !! and run that one with Spoon or K&N filter etc. DC2-R Airbox wasnt too bad but it sits too close to the hoses but the OEM funnel into the resonator for DC2R (when resonator removed and funnel reversed) lined up to the bumper 'mouth' on Del Sol quite nicely to take in cold air from the mouth area. SR or CAI on the Del Sol didnt do much apart from create more noise.

Blaze
02-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the reply VT3C.

So far I've only put in a K&N air filter into the stock airbox. I'm going to attempt to take out the resonator tonight for the "big VTEC noise". I had a look at the site in your signature and it says that the B-pipe for the eg2 is discontinued. Any idea where I can source one from new? Does that and the axle-back muffler come with a cat converter, or should I source one elsewhere? JDM cats are very difficult to find and I think I'm going to have to go with an x-force cat.

VT3C
03-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the reply VT3C.

So far I've only put in a K&N air filter into the stock airbox. I'm going to attempt to take out the resonator tonight for the "big VTEC noise". I had a look at the site in your signature and it says that the B-pipe for the eg2 is discontinued. Any idea where I can source one from new? Does that and the axle-back muffler come with a cat converter, or should I source one elsewhere? JDM cats are very difficult to find and I think I'm going to have to go with an x-force cat.

Shoot me an email to discuss :) bede@gaijin-garage.com

Customers use the EK4/#K9 B-Pip on EG, it requires small modification but no big deal :)

I have a friend with a JDM ITR cat for sale..

Blaze
04-05-2015, 03:26 PM
E-mail sent.