PDA

View Full Version : Brent, 1999 ek1 civic sedan, 1 owner granma spec.

Brent
05-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Hi, Im brent. just bought my 1999 ek1 civic sedan of a lady who had owned it from new.,. full service history and is the nicest smoothest little car i have ever driven, NOT FOR LONG!!!!.. haha, im 35 and love the car seen but plan to build a sleeper of sorts. i am in the process of looking for some turbo bits for the little poopy d16y4 motor. as im not looking for a million horsepower but looking to make it a little more fun to drive i dont plan on spending a lot and will also be doing the work myself. I dont plan on rebuilding it at this stage but i am fully capable of building this motor as i have built several mild performance motors in the past.

the one thing i find with the civic scene is it appears to be flooded with cheap knock off parts. that im not willing to trust. found heaps of manifolds around but all seem to originated from ebay or wherever they come from. any ideas where i can get a manifold to suit a td04 turbo from an evo, also are the manifolds and parts from the american ebay just as bad as the ones from aus. im guessing so,

anyway i hope to contribute where i can and listen to all information giving.

thanks
brent.

RenzokukenJ
05-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Fuk buz did u do a mad single pegga down da road to make dat old lady regret sellin to u bloke?

Dese cars r good ay fukin run off fumes (like me eh heeeeee)

PM cbauto 4 parts eh bloke I hear he good one

Brent
05-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Thankyou, oh and 'sorry' :)

RenzokukenJ
05-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Y u sorry bloke

NeedVtec
06-05-2015, 01:50 AM
Y u sorry bloke
The speech you fkn dumb black Kunt

RenzokukenJ
06-05-2015, 11:45 AM
The speech you fkn dumb black Kunt
Nah fukin don't say sorry to me kunt fukin gimme money for goon and lulli

carayan
06-05-2015, 12:07 PM
speedfactory racing and rc autoworks make some legit turbo stuff for hondas, check them out

carayan
06-05-2015, 12:10 PM
oh and GOautowerks

Brent
06-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Ok thanks very much..... i was saying sorry for stealing your land... but this is the strangest post ive ever started..... is getting a ecu easy for this d16y4... is it worth gettinf microtech or just a piggy back... and whatbus hondata. Ir uberdata.

RenzokukenJ
06-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Hondata probably better, cheaper

carayan
06-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Ok thanks very much..... i was saying sorry for stealing your land... but this is the strangest post ive ever started..... is getting a ecu easy for this d16y4... is it worth gettinf microtech or just a piggy back... and whatbus hondata. Ir uberdata.

hey cuz stop sniffing b4 ya get on the forums ya noe

hondata s300, nothing else is worth your time. end of story

Squalled
06-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Welcome,

+1 for Hondata. The best you can get for your build mate.

Brent
06-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Awesome... ill read up on it tonight and aquire it. Thanks again. Ill try post a pic if my granma spec civic tonight. Thanks very much.

Brent
06-05-2015, 04:04 PM
ive been reading about the hondata and not sure if the posts ive read are out dated, but the hondata s300 sounds great. but.... my car is apparently obd2, and the hondata is for obd1, is this as simple as buying a obd2 to obd1 adapter as ive seen on ebay for around 25 buck cuz. or do i have it wrong and the honda will just plug in and give me 6000hp :) . trying to join the humerous side. seriously ive never been so confused since i got a honda. but i love it.

carayan
06-05-2015, 04:37 PM
ive been reading about the hondata and not sure if the posts ive read are out dated, but the hondata s300 sounds great. but.... my car is apparently obd2, and the hondata is for obd1, is this as simple as buying a obd2 to obd1 adapter as ive seen on ebay for around 25 buck cuz. or do i have it wrong and the honda will just plug in and give me 6000hp :) . trying to join the humerous side. seriously ive never been so confused since i got a honda. but i love it.

oh you have a 99, be a bit tricky, you'd have to find a conversion harness 100%, it'll work. you MIGHT have to change your engine loom out to an obd2a, 99 d16y4 has a special obd2b

Brent
06-05-2015, 06:23 PM
yeah. thats the sort of thing i was trying to avoid. maybe i should just go to a stand alone ecu like microtech and be done with it. need to do more research. this is the problem though. not sure what im researching. some people say the stock computer can handle low boost but surely this isnt right. as there is no abbilitly to tune. ah ill research some more. thanks again for your help

carayan
06-05-2015, 06:34 PM
yeah. thats the sort of thing i was trying to avoid. maybe i should just go to a stand alone ecu like microtech and be done with it. need to do more research. this is the problem though. not sure what im researching. some people say the stock computer can handle low boost but surely this isnt right. as there is no abbilitly to tune. ah ill research some more. thanks again for your help

stand alone is where cost starts add up, its a lot easier and cheaper to change wires, than to rewire and have a whole new computer system

Brent
06-05-2015, 06:46 PM
yep your right. apparenlty not that hard, alot of the post i was reading was in 2009, apparently you buy one of these http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2039&idcategory=122 ... then buy an obd1 ecu and dizzy i think. and your good to go. does this sound right to you.

carayan
06-05-2015, 07:28 PM
yep your right. apparenlty not that hard, alot of the post i was reading was in 2009, apparently you buy one of these http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2039&idcategory=122 ... then buy an obd1 ecu and dizzy i think. and your good to go. does this sound right to you.

dont need to change to obd1 dizzy, but you'd need obd1 ecu (p28, p72) s300 will only run in an obd1 ecu.

gonna wait on ecu-man see if he picks up on this and corrects me though, he'd have more comprehensive knowledge.

Brent
06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
mate im sure your right. youve been seriously heaps of help. ive gone from serious concern about how to do this, i know how people say just search...but its hard when your not sure what your searching for. in my case i found a half tanked black fella that helped me see the light... cheers mate. I truly appreciate it. cant wait to get some bits and get these wheels in motion...

brent.

Brent
06-05-2015, 07:41 PM
here she is,

RenzokukenJ
06-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Pm cbauto, he might know too

antony
10-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Its still a good looking little Civic sedan.

Brent
12-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Thanks.. i love it.