PDA

View Full Version : Coilover cop trouble?

kerfuffel
07-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Hey all,
This is how my cl9 looks now.
It is currently lowered about 50mm all round on H&R sport spring and shock combo. Im picking up a set of coilovers tonight from a fella off ozhonda. Im looking to use them to make the front look as low as the back, because of the different fender heights the back sits nicely but the front is a touch too high. I was also thinking of making the back a lil lower too.
I was just wondering for you guys that have your cars low enough to tuck a bit of tyre whether or not you tend to get any trouble from the police? I figure CL9s arent your usual holden or hoon car that get much attention but i thought I would check.

Cheers in advance.

tangk
07-05-2015, 12:45 PM
This is really just a judgement call depending on the police officer, but the "legal" height is a minimum of 100mm from the lowest point of your car to the ground.

kerfuffel
07-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Yeah I hear too many stories of cops handing out defects just because. Even though the car is legal. It should be way above the legal limit when I'm done atleast

Honda_FD
07-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Im in Victoria and have copped a Major defect for my Coilovers + $368 fine. Which required a RWC so car had to go back to factory specs
Its a big risk but up to you. Cops pick on everything these days. They're unpredictable.

Defect was for:
Too low
Wheels too wide
Not enough suspension travel (Coilovers)

You buying Longs BC Coilovers? Lol I wanted them too
Judging from your car, If you lower back more and get front to match. Your lowest point will be under the legal limit.
Being a Red Euro you'll stick out ahaha

curtis265
07-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Yeah I hear too many stories of cops handing out defects just because. Even though the car is legal. It should be way above the legal limit when I'm done atleast

met

if you pass the attitude test you'll probably be OK most of the time.

Honda_FD
07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
met

if you pass the attitude test you'll probably be OK most of the time.

Fiddle around and be as rude as you possible can. Noo Prollemmmmm

curtis265
07-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Fiddle around and be as rude as you possible can. Noo Prollemmmmm

yep

the more fidgety and nervous you appear the better!

kerfuffel
07-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Haha yeah thanks for the advice ;) I'll measure up once they're done and we'll see

Fredoops
07-05-2015, 09:37 PM
people have passed RWC's in vic with Coils

As long as you're not too low or too loud there wont be an issue.

and avoid hella flush.... thats cop magnet.

kerfuffel
07-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Fred what do you mean when you say hella flush? My wheels don't poke out past my guards if that's what you're talking about

Fredoops
07-05-2015, 09:51 PM
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/quadsbc/media/hellaq.jpg.html

kerfuffel
07-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Ahh camber, right. Yeah nah I have a rear camber kit lined up if it's needed