PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing Honda part numbers and where you buy them from overseas?

Yukisan
08-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Hi guys,

I've tried searching so either my search skills fail me or I need to go to Specsavers :)

I'm familiar with buying Toyota parts and where to find their part numbers, then using Amayama.com to source the parts (love their service). I've never had to purchase Honda parts before but having purchased an 09 Civic Sport (yup manual), I'm looking to tidy up the car and some little bits that annoy me (wear and tear from previous owner) and some damage as a result of insurance work on the front screen.

Anyways, here's a site I found where I believe the part numbers would work for my spec:

http://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlist.php?maker=honda&type=CIVIC%204D&cartype=4560&fig=B&fig1=4210

I'm chasing the part numbers for the molding that runs along the L+R side of the windscreen, all the way to the end of the roof. Now if I'm not mistaken those would be:

RHS: 73158-SNA-013

LHS: 73168-SNA-013

However I noticed there are some variations when I searched the part numbers and came across a US site:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2009-honda-civic-4dr_lx-s-ka-5mt/molding.html

They have them as:

RHS: 73158-SNA-003

LHS: 73168-SNA-003

Noticed that the end sequence is different on the US one. Now I'm aware the US one has slightly different headlights + tail lights, however the windows and windscreen area are still the same as ours.

Can anyone here shed some info on what the end numbers are please?

For reference, local Honda wants $177.25 EACH for the molding and that's out of Thailand, I'd be sourcing the above from Japan, via Amayama.com

Thanks guys!

amant02
09-05-2015, 12:11 AM
I've read few claims on how to read part numbers.

But I know for fact if the 1st two part of the part # match than its the same part.

The last part of the # is like a description I think for the part. The 1st two #s determine which car and which part. The final bit I think has to do revision/manufacture/paint code/market the part was intended for.

Google it, been awhile since I has done research on part numbers. If you were to ask the local dealership for the # they would provide you with one.

Also i dont know why your replacing, if they have lost their colour there is a product called Forever Black. I rate this.

Yukisan
12-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Thanks mate ^^ I did end up calling a dealership for part numbers, they only 'confirmed' the part numbers I had, wouldn't tell me the part numbers themselves lol. Turns out the numbers I had are correct, the later sequence is only because they have superseded the old sequence.

The mob that replaced the windscreen (insurance from highway damage) they damaged it while putting it back in so replacing them. Similarly with the cowling.

DreadAngel
13-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Use this (http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php) and and remove in the address "_pfk" to get the Honda part #.