PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2010 vibration with a/c on

mrzombs
19-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Hi all!

I bought a second hand 2010 Euro Lux Navi about 5 months ago (I had a 2005 euro before) and love it!

However, over the last few months it has developed a slight vibration which is especially noticeable when the air con is and the compressor kicks it. It usually happens only in drive/reverse, and never when in Park or neutral gear. Not a big deal, but it is annoying when you are at a traffic light and the car vibrates on/off through the steering wheel. Sometimes the revs drop briefly when the a/c compressor kicks in too.
I took the car to my honda dealer and they reset the "idle learn" etc but said the issue was still there, and told me that the rear engine mount had "sagged" slightly and would cost $500 to replace. They couldn't guarantee it would solve the issue. I then took it to a local reputable mechanic and they basically said they couldn't access the idle adjustment (it was "locked") and also couldn't plug into the car's computer and only a dealer could do that. They said all engine mounts were fine.
I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this and some advice. Should I take it to a different dealer or different mechanic for an opinion? I can put up with it, but it wasn't there a few months ago. And I had a 2005 Euro and did over 120,000Kms and had no vibrations at all.

Thanks! :)

thierrysvs
27-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Hi, I recently bought a used Honda accord euro 8th gen, 120k kms at a Honda dealer... I also notice a a weird vibration which comes on and off for a few seconds when air con is on while putting the transmission on either on drive or reverse mode while keep holding on the brake pad... The Honda dealer mechanic said its normal..
I think I will ask for a second opinion.
Did u find out the issue?
Cheers, T

mrzombs
27-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Hi, I recently bought a used Honda accord euro 8th gen, 120k kms at a Honda dealer... I also notice a a weird vibration which comes on and off for a few seconds when air con is on while putting the transmission on either on drive or reverse mode while keep holding on the brake pad... The Honda dealer mechanic said its normal..
I think I will ask for a second opinion.
Did u find out the issue?
Cheers, T

Hi. I actually never found the issue and sold the car in June. I didn't want to spend all the money on engine mounts when it may not be the issue. I decided to buy a new Mazda 3 GT and don't have any problems now because it has stop/start iStop...if the engine stops then no vibration haha.
Good luck

thierrysvs
04-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Thanks Mr Zombs!