PDA

View Full Version : CU2 Luxury Battery Swap - Electrics

Cooldollar
23-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Hi All
I just purchased a 2012 Euro Luxury and what do you know it needs a new battery.
If I disconnect the battery terminals completely to remove it from the car and fit a new one will I loose the radio pin? When I bang in the new one will everything work the same as it did or will there be issues?
Any advice greatly appreciated to avoid wasted time.
Cheers and thanks Ian

konektado
23-05-2015, 07:14 PM
I had my replaced with new battery..no pin or code came up on the radio but it was cl9 so yeah..give it a go?

Jasemas
23-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Hi All
I just purchased a 2012 Euro Luxury and what do you know it needs a new battery.
If I disconnect the battery terminals completely to remove it from the car and fit a new one will I loose the radio pin? When I bang in the new one will everything work the same as it did or will there be issues?
Any advice greatly appreciated to avoid wasted time.
Cheers and thanks Ian

You can get a special tool that has a 9v battery and alligtor clips
So when you remove your battery the little 9v will keep things powered up so nothing bad happens

BigBen
30-05-2015, 05:37 PM
yes you will need to re-enter the pin code. This can be found attached to the car manual.

Cooldollar
31-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Ok I have got all that, I have made a 9v battery alligator clip doohickey (youtube) and I have located the radio pin in the unlikely case the doohickey fails.
Thanks for your help much appreciated.
Cheers

Hondarally
01-06-2015, 07:17 AM
Or just put a jump pack across the terminals before you disconnect the battery (if you have one, that is).

Not difficult at all.