PDA

View Full Version : Radio Reception

bo279
14-04-2005, 09:20 PM
i got a EG Civic Si hatch, and the reception i get for the radio aint that great, its pretty much the same for all stations.

before you say its my area, its not, been in other cars and its all fine.

ive checked the the back of the deck n its all plugged in fine.

hows the reception for u other EG owners??

thanks

tRipitaka
14-04-2005, 09:31 PM
reception is fine for me..
how are your other things working, i.e. cd, tape etc etc. ?

ICACHA
14-04-2005, 10:14 PM
is it the original deck or have you put an aftermarket one in?

if you have then you might have left out the antenna trigger. without that the reception will be crap no matter what you do.

SiR JDM
15-04-2005, 01:44 AM
my old one was pretty bad as well.. if i waved my arm around the headunit i would be able to find a better signal with my arm :S

Try a pioneer headunit with "SUPER TUNER", great reception on them ;)

BLKek
15-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Is the antennae all the way extened?

The head units die in EG after around 10 years, I've seen heaps go, oh and the EG has dodgy speakers that fall apart, check that its not the speakers...

The speakers disintergrate (just age related), you'll notice it as soon as you pop the grilles.

bo279
15-04-2005, 10:42 AM
all the speakers been changed n the rears r running off an amp...
ive got a new pioneer deck n the attenna is plugged in....ICACHA: not sure if thats the attenna trigger...

the attenna is extended all the way on the outside...ive noticed that while im driving, if i pull the antenna down towards the car, the reception gets a bit better...

any other suggestions guys??

panda[cRx]
15-04-2005, 11:09 AM
any other suggestions guys??

put one of these babies on your roof:)

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/images/subsys-antenna.jpg

Eclipsor
15-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Something between the antenna and the speakers must be dud or have a bad connection. If you say everything between the hu and the speakers is fine then it has to be before the hu. I just went and had a look at where the antenna attaches and there are quit a few connections in there that could be dodgy. Maybe when you pull the antenna down it is moving a connection inside slightly. Or the cable could be buggered but that's pretty unlikely. Or the plug at the hu end of the cable could have bad connections. If you are or know someone who's handy with a multimeter you could check resistances between the hu plug and the antenna end connections. Let me know if you want more details.

garett
15-04-2005, 05:43 PM
the reception is better now james... it was bad b4, but i put the pioneer in. i leave the aerial down unless i need to put it up and i only have to put it up when im driving in the city ( you would think that you would have better reception in the city) it aint

bo279
16-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Eclipsor: i was thinking it could be something wrong with the wiring in the car, but the prob is im not sure how to pull the antenna apart to look at it, or how to get to the wiring involved....anyway u could help me out with a diy?? pics would be great =D

thanks for the help guys...