PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] '07 lux recently purchased.

08-06-2015, 12:13 PM
As the title says, we purchased a red '07 auto luxury 2 days ago. A few issues have come to mind since browsing the forum.

I've been doing some searching, but still haven't found a definite solution for using an Iphone with the sound/nav system. It's managements car and she wants a 3.5mm aux-in. Are the Ebay units reliable and worth considering?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Accord-Euro-Accord-02-11-iPhone-iPod-AUX-Integration-Interface-Adaptor-/161318450510?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item258f54354e

Recalls? Air bag and power steering hose. If I go to the Honda dealership with the VIN can they tell me if the recall work has been carried out?

Transmission fluid? It's done 102k/kms seems a filter and fluid replacement may be in order. Is partial drain and top up the only way to do this? It seems bizarre that a complete flush and refill can't be done.

Red paint, it's quite faded, so we got a significant reduction on the price. Is there some way of reducing further deterioration of the paint?

The most compelling issue is getting an Iphone to talk to the sound system apparently, the other stuff is my problem to deal with as I see fit!

Any shove in the right direction greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Mick.

rikta
08-06-2015, 12:41 PM
For the iPhone issue, get a grom - http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/honda-bt3.html

That's the one I got, works a treat. Compliments the built in sound system which is pretty good too

10-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Got one of these on the way.
http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/brand/grom-audio/grom-ipd3.html
The car has done 102k/kms, but was last serviced at 90k, so time for a going over and some fluid replacement.
I tried tracking down some Penrite ATF-FS, Supercheapauto didn't have any locally, nor did Autobarn, Repco had it for $47 for 4 litres. I asked if they could do a better price if I bought 2 x 4l and I got them for $79. A transmission filter is also coming. I've also got some Penrite 5w-30 and a filter, going to be a busy weekend.

Fredoops
10-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Recalls? Air bag and power steering hose. If I go to the Honda dealership with the VIN can they tell me if the recall work has been carried out?
yes

Transmission fluid? It's done 102k/kms seems a filter and fluid replacement may be in order. Is partial drain and top up the only way to do this? It seems bizarre that a complete flush and refill can't be done.

very much so, i'd recommend a 3x3 if at all possible, dont have to use honda OEM fluid if you do a 3x3

I have a thread thats a sticky that talks specifically about auto tranny fluid

Red paint, it's quite faded, so we got a significant reduction on the price. Is there some way of reducing further deterioration of the paint?
Give this a read
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=100691

You'll need a deep 3 stage machine cut & polish then a bit of prayer....

12-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Thanks Fredoops. I'm going to do engine oil and filter tomorrow, as well as ATF, I'll throw a set of plugs at it as well. I contacted the local Honda dealer's today and asked them about the recalls, I gave them the VIN and they're going to get back to me, apparently.

20-06-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm about to have a go at installing a Grom unit, I've been searching for information on a radio security code, nothing mentioned in the documentation I have. This suggests that the CL9 does not have a security code.

not sure about the CL7, but i know the CL9 radio is not coded, you wont need a code if you pull your battery terminals off.

I'm assuming I can go ahead and install the Grom without issue?

Fredoops
20-06-2015, 03:16 PM
no code on cl9, same headunit internal design

Akshunhiro
17-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Hey all, just wanted to bump this as I'm in the market for an aux adapter for my CL9 and was also looking at the GROM adapters from Cushie Audio.

Interested in the GROM USB3 as I'd like the convenience of using a lightning cable for my iPhone 6 for charging (I hope it does that, was too late to call them today to check) and playback.

Have people had good dealings with Cushie Audio? Their hasn't been any activity on their FB page since Jan and no recent reviews.