PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Primary O2 Sensor WideBand or NarrowBand (debate)

Fredoops
09-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Figured i'd open this discussion again.

It's widely accepted that the primary o2 sensor for the 7th Gen Accord Euro (and by extension acura tsx) is a "Narrowband".
- this 'knowledge' came originally from an Kpro advertisement below:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/61704-weapon-r-header-oxygen-sensor-rough-idle-3.html#post881858

"The harness was also designed that you do not need to use the RSX wideband 02 sensor (You can still use the RSX if you want the wideband sensor and reading) We have actually set it up so the K-Pro can (optional) use the narrowband wideband sensor wired up to the secondary 02 sensor. --You need a special .KAL file which we can email to anyone who purchases our kit"

People accepted it as gospel truth.

I would argue the opposite, because of the following reasons:

1. KPRO Dual Harness/stack uses a INTEGRA/RSX ecu to piggyback onto the Accord Ecu... So the INTEGRA/RSX ECU on the Kpro would have needed a INTEGRA/RSX ecu to work.

2. O2 sensors for the Accord Euro CL9 (Bosch part #13680) and the DC5/Integra/RSX (BOSCH #15482) are both WIDEBANDBosch Sensors

3. I have a workshop Honda HDS, which I was testing a while back.. and Noticed that under the engine status screen, the HDS actually tells you the Primary O2 sensor voltage AND the actual AFR ratio (i'll get a screenshot next time i go datalogging)

4. If you have a "OBD2" scanner dongle, and the FULL version of the Torque app for android, you can see the Primary O2 sensor voltage AND the actual AFR ratio

5. Its also my understand every Accord thats labeled "LEV" (Low Emission Vehicle) have wide bands since 1999.

Now I don't know just how accurate or the operating range of OEM air fuel ratio sensors (common knowledge being that OEM honda AFR sensor dont go below 11.5:1), but none the less it still gives a range.

Happy for anyone else who have an input.