PDA

View Full Version : b20a6 rebuild

RichieTougeBattle
10-01-2004, 07:52 AM
Ok at the moment im researching on things about my motor as i want to rebuild it ,But i have know idea about modding a engine .I goingto be doing a little track work but mainly doing twiste roads and stuff like that ,

Any info would be great :)
Cheers Richie

BLKCRX
12-01-2004, 05:08 PM
All depends how much you want to rebuild..

New Pistons
New rods
New Rings
New bearings
New top / bottom en Gaskets
New Valves
New steam seals
New Valve guids
New Head gasket
New Water pump
New Oil pump
New belts
and the list could go on and on... please define what your building the enigne for and why ? and what kinda of power your building it for.. oh and whats wrong with the engine currently...

Regards James

LUD02C
12-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Heya Richie!
I got the same motor as you buddy!
I'm thinking about "upgrading" some features aswell :D

What i have looked at are!

New Pistons
Better Injectors
move the battery and have a cold air intake
some other little stuff aswell like gaskets and that but thats about it :D

Jason

LUD02C
13-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Also bigger and better brakes :D

RichieTougeBattle
13-01-2004, 09:31 PM
I want to build the motor mainly for touge racing

BLKCRX
13-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Your going to need everything I listed in my 1st post then if its a race engine..
you could also sleeve the block but removing all the aluminium bores / water jackets and replacing them with ductile steel, but this will cost around $3000 but will allow your bottom end to rev very high.

The big problem with b20 engines is you can’t rev them to high due to weak side cylinder walls.

Its really a question of how much money now you want to spend on your engine, the above list alone could cost $10,000 + in parts. Iv built a few killer b20 high compression high revving engines thow and there nice engines. Then there’s labour.

Regards James

ALLMTR
13-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Put a K motor in it :D

BLKCRX
13-01-2004, 10:27 PM
and one of my ecu's ;) for the K engine ;) hmmm there going to change the K world for ever !