PDA

View Full Version : 1998 EK Civic GLi Sedan - Exhausts

MikeyAC92
17-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I know I know, topic has been brought up a lot in the past. I've searched the forum and found a few exhaust systems and brands etc. but being here in Perth I have no idea where to go to buy them. I don't want to risk buying a system from the US as I don't know if they'll fit properly.

Do any of you guys have a recommendation on where to buy a system from? Reason I'm after one is I have a hole in my muffler's piping and the resonator seems to be making a rattling sound (I've checked the catalytic converter and exhaust shields under the car). I've contacted a place called Mettam's Mufflers and I'm waiting for their response.

Thanks in advance.

Just thought I'd add its an EK1 and has the D16Y4 motor in it.

IngKee
17-06-2015, 02:39 PM
are you chasing aftermarket / performance?
If not, you can get something custom make / repair from local exhaust shop which will be cheaper for your application.

MikeyAC92
17-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Well I've considered just repairing/replacing the stock system to keep it original but figured if I'm gonna go through the effort to do that I might as well get something out of it. Not chasing ponies just hoping to find something like the Xforce twin loop system that was around a few years back, seems to sound nice.

MikeyAC92
17-06-2015, 03:53 PM
XForce got back to me, said they do still make exhausts for EK's but they're "out of stock for the forseeable future".

[stealth]
17-06-2015, 08:41 PM
sounds like the resonator has shat itself... mine did recently to once replaced no more funny noises
just find a twinloop sold separately and do custom piping... easy
checkout ozhonda sales on fb!

IngKee
18-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Yeah, find out exactly where is the leak - resonator / muffler.. you might get twinloop only or might as well both (resonator) since you are working on it...

MikeyAC92
30-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys.