PDA

View Full Version : Euro space saver questions - Hope i dont see this again...

Gibbo
15-04-2005, 04:52 PM
was driving through town today and saw another SS Euro with its space saver on - AAAHHHHGGGGGGRRRRRR what the hell was Honda thinking ever skimping with a space saver ?????? This leads me to my next question... Does anyone know the part numbers for the two bits of foam that fit in the 05 Euros boot to allow the full size spare to fit in ?? I have tried to get the part numbers from the local dealer but the parts girl is only new and is pretty hopeless at the moment. So if any one can help me with this information I would really appreciate it. ( Plus Ive ordered a fifth rim so i need those foam pieces to put it in the boot.....) Cheers guys and gals..

yfin
15-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Gibbo - i have added to the title of this thread "Euro space saver questions" -

I think we all need to improve the title of our threads.

Generally - can people please make an effort to ensure the subject title gives others enough information to know whether they want to open the thread from the index. It will make this a more user friendly place to be as you can decide from the index whether you want to open the thread.

Adding the vehicle type is a help too for people browsing - eg Euro, 5th gen, etc.

Thanks!

baboo
15-04-2005, 06:35 PM
take out your old bathroom scale and start weighing them!! LOL

think it's around 25kg, space saver + tool kit.

Standard 16" with tyres weighs around 17kg.

yfin
15-04-2005, 07:26 PM
hey....

anyone know the weight for the following?

1. space saver
2. space saver + change wheel kit
3. standard euro 16" wheel +tyre on it
4. standard euro 16" wheel + tyre + change wheel kit...

im hoping 4. is lighter than 2. cause... that space saver wheel is made of lead..! :eek:

Space saver is 13.5 kg - so is definately lighter than option 3 or 4

yfin
15-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know of any cons of ditching my space saver for a canister of tyre sealant foam? I was thinking for driving around Melbourne it should be fine. If Audi can get away with it for new cars...

Long trips - will put the spare back in.

Do these sealants work ok?

Also whilst we are weighing things - can someone with the new 17" 05 rims let us know how much they weigh with tyres?

Username - where are you getting the 16" spare from? (read my signature!) :D

EuroAccord13
16-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I weighed my Space Saver plus Tool kit... came up to 15Kgs.....

yfin
16-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I just got a few cans of the tyre sealant. SEe how it goes. Will not work for a serious puncture (eg side wall shred). Not ideal - but around Melb should be ok. Fingers crossed I will not be stuck somewhere.

Eventually I will get a second hand 16" tyre so I can replace that space saver.

PNR888
16-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Gibbo:
If you want to fit full size spare wheel and buy those 2 pieces of foam with slots for tools n jack etc, you will need to buy a new boot lining too. In 2005 models, the boot lining beside the spre wheel openning has flap design openning, so tool can be store there. with 2003 model. There is no opening in boot lining except access to spare wheel. I guess the other way around is to cut through the boot lining and creat a flap on each side yourself.

Gibbo
17-04-2005, 11:09 PM
thnx for that info prn - very helpful - now i need to check the finances... btw the calipers look great !!!

PNR888
18-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Gibbo, Thanks for the compliment.

Can some 2005 Euro Lux owners weight their 17" OEM wheel + tyre?

Any one with with aftermarket 17" or 18", or even 19 or 20" want to tell us how heavy your rim + tyre combo weights? please specify the size and brand of both rim and tyre. Thanx.