PDA

View Full Version : [[CU2]] bluetooth Imstallation

pilotb777_300
07-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Hi guys,

I've done a bit of searching in the hope I can find an answer for my problem with a bluetooth system but havent found the information I need yet. I've got a 2009 accord Euro Luxury auto and I'm trying to install a bluetooth handfree system into it. I've had the car kit company out at my house yesterday for about 4 hours trying to install a bury bluetooth system which integrates into the car speakers for voice calling and music streaming. The tech spent hours to try and get it to work with no luck. He said something about this particular model car having a rear amp which all the speakers go through or something and he couldn't get a mute circuit to integrate with it. Basically we couldn't get any sound out of the speakers. He made a few calls to head office and was told because of the amp setup in this particular model car, its impossible to wire up an after market unit into it without some major rewiring of the audio system. So after he left I gave honda a call who told me they install parrot bluetooth systems and can in fact get sound out of all speakers including the sub. Has anyone come across this issue before and know how Honda manage to get around the amp problem ?

thanks

safetycar
07-07-2015, 04:53 PM
know how Honda manage to get around the amp problem ?
I'd assume that it is wired into the rear of the headunit and therefore before the amp.

pilotb777_300
08-07-2015, 07:49 AM
I'd assume that it is wired into the rear of the headunit and therefore before the amp.

So from what I've been told and from what I've seen while they were trying to do the install, the head unit itself doesn't have a 4 channel out. It has 2 pre amp out cables and some some type of data cables that instruct the amp on how to distribute bass, treble etc... They need to tap in after the amp somehow. After talking to honda, it seems like they do actually do installs of after market parrot systems using an external contractor I believe they are auto extreme in Melbourne. So I gave them a call and they confirmed they only deal with the dealer but did manage to explain to me the issue with these Euro's with premium sound system (Powered Amp) and apparently they get around it by using the Aux input of the car somehow... They didn't go into too much detail. The issue is, the dealer wants 900 bucks to install a parrot MKI9200 ! I thought its a little steep considering the unit itself is only 200 or 300 bucks ! I'm trying to see if Autobarn now has any installers who know anything about this cars setup and if they can do it cheaper.

mjp073
07-09-2015, 12:17 PM
So from what I've been told and from what I've seen while they were trying to do the install, the head unit itself doesn't have a 4 channel out. It has 2 pre amp out cables and some some type of data cables that instruct the amp on how to distribute bass, treble etc... They need to tap in after the amp somehow. After talking to honda, it seems like they do actually do installs of after market parrot systems using an external contractor I believe they are auto extreme in Melbourne. So I gave them a call and they confirmed they only deal with the dealer but did manage to explain to me the issue with these Euro's with premium sound system (Powered Amp) and apparently they get around it by using the Aux input of the car somehow... They didn't go into too much detail. The issue is, the dealer wants 900 bucks to install a parrot MKI9200 ! I thought its a little steep considering the unit itself is only 200 or 300 bucks ! I'm trying to see if Autobarn now has any installers who know anything about this cars setup and if they can do it cheaper.

Have you already bought the unit? If not, i would heartily recommend a Grom unit with the bluetooth addon. I installed it myself and i am not a handyman kinda guy. Very easy to do with a youtube guide to get the stereo out. Basically it plugs into the back of your stock head unit, you can run he microphone completely under trim to sit behind your steering wheel, and everything plays thru your car speakers. Has ipod controls thru the steering wheel buttons, and mutes any music automatically when you make or receive a call.

From memory it was about 140$ for the unit. No need to mess with amps or speakers at all.

McBain
06-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Have you already bought the unit? If not, i would heartily recommend a Grom unit with the bluetooth addon. I installed it myself and i am not a handyman kinda guy. Very easy to do with a youtube guide to get the stereo out. Basically it plugs into the back of your stock head unit, you can run he microphone completely under trim to sit behind your steering wheel, and everything plays thru your car speakers. Has ipod controls thru the steering wheel buttons, and mutes any music automatically when you make or receive a call.

From memory it was about 140$ for the unit. No need to mess with amps or speakers at all.
Which grom unit did you get?

I've got a CU2 2008 euro, not sure which grom unit is compatible..