PDA

View Full Version : Eg8 sedan disc rear + sway bar?

joshua.fraillon
11-07-2015, 01:17 PM
G'day guys, bought the civ as a cheap daily but damn me I've fallen in love.
Problem is its a little too boaty around corners being gli with no rear sway bar and I'm not a fan of the rear drum brakes.
Whats the best way to fix both those things? I've heard ablut putting in a '96-'00 Integra rear end.
Opinions? Advice? Links to other posts? Cheers guys

PJT
11-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Many options.

You could definitely replace the rear lower control arms and add a sway bar from either a civic SI or dc2 vtir /dc4 integra. If you want replace the rear hubs with disc brakes from same car, you will also need to upgrade the rest of your brake system including master cylinder and proportion valve. Otherwise you may suffer from lock up etc. You could also invent in better suspension which will decrease roll somewhat. You can also add a rear strut brace either aftermarket, or a factory integra type r piece. Use the search, oodles of into out there :)

Hondarally
12-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Boaty usually means worn dampers with soft springs. Fix these first before adding components, as a sway bar (ARB) might just mask the problem.

Strut brace will do exactly zero for your problem. By the time you have better suspension and tyres, it might start making a slight difference, but it's low in the list of priorities.

Disc brakes will need different hubs, as PJT stated. Anything from an EG6 or the disc brake rear EK's (GLI or EK4) and some of the Integras will fit. Don't forget the master cyl and bias valve, as already stated.

joshua.fraillon
13-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Sweet cheers guys
I know the dampers are cactus and the springs a saggin a tad, but the body roll still seems excessive. Its worse than my Pajero. New struts all round are already on the list. Fully adjustable and all that fancy bump/rebound good stuff. Just, if I'm going to be replacing the coil over struts then i want the whole lot new and shiny. I've been looking at eg civic oem rear disc and sway bar setups and it seens the LCAs are different, having a place for the sway bar drop links in there. It also seems the trailing arms for disc brakes are different to the drum brake ones, not just with the hubs.
Thats why i thought about just floggin the lot (minus coil overs) from something that has all that good stuff from factory.
Looks like a trip to the wreckers to find a good rear end off a 'Teg.