PDA

View Full Version : CU2 - Heated Front Seats Question - Where are they located?

Cooldollar
11-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Hi All.
I am absolutely loving my MY13 Euro Luxury. In the middle of a brutal Adelaide winter my question is this.
Does anyone know if the seat heaters are in the seat base only or seat base plus lower lumbar area of seat back?

My drivers seat feels like it has them in the back and base but the passengers seat just the base.
When I find where they are I can find where they may NOT be working.......if that makes sense.
Cheers and thanks in advance. Ian

CL9er
11-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I have a CL9 and it's the same... Passenger side seems to be seat base only and drivers side extends up into lumbar

I CU2
12-07-2015, 11:55 PM
That's normal. The driver gets a little bit extra.

I was given the new Lexus IS for a day during a service and it warmed my entire back! Although, the base and lower lumbar isn't that bad ;)

amant02
13-07-2015, 06:03 AM
Make you feel like that there was something extra that came out with dat fart?

ajkdark
14-07-2015, 06:13 AM
That's normal. The driver gets a little bit extra.

I was given the new Lexus IS for a day during a service and it warmed my entire back! Although, the base and lower lumbar isn't that bad ;)

The driver getting a little bit extra is not the reason.

The passenger seat has a sensor in the back to detect the passenger's seating position. For example. If the passenger were to be asleep and have their head against the window. The sensor detects this and disables the curtain airbag, and brings an alarm up on the instrument panel. Therefore, the lumbar area of the passenger seat has no heater.