PDA

View Full Version : ED/ED B16 swap

unknxn
22-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Wassup erryone,

So i am planning to do a b16 swap into an ED but would like clarification on a few things so I can ensure a reliable and well done swap.

I will not be doing this alone, I will have a qualified honda mechanic completing the swap so no dramas on the how to.

So far on my list I have

Hasport mounts
DA Driveshafts or hasport custom ones. - Which do you think is a better option?
Shift linkage (innovative mounts)
Loom - Which?
Fuel tank and lines - Which?
Brake setup - I was thinking a DA but again not really sure what to go with

Anything else that I will need to add please let me know!

Thank you sirs!

markismaximus
22-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Wassup erryone,

So i am planning to do a b16 swap into an ED but would like clarification on a few things so I can ensure a reliable and well done swap.

I will not be doing this alone, I will have a qualified honda mechanic completing the swap so no dramas on the how to.

So far on my list I have

Hasport mounts
DA Driveshafts or hasport custom ones. - Which do you think is a better option?
Shift linkage (innovative mounts)
Loom - Which?
Fuel tank and lines - Which?
Brake setup - I was thinking a DA but again not really sure what to go with

Anything else that I will need to add please let me know!

Thank you sirs!

ED/EF Engine Swap Guide Link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?32565-ED-EF-Engine-Swap-Guide)

Hasport mounts - yes, or innovative
DA Driveshafts or hasport custom ones. - Which do you think is a better option? Probably less of a headache going to hasport custom ones
Shift linkage (innovative mounts) hasport also make them. Or can cut and weld if you are comfortable doing it DIY link here (http://www.performanceforum.com/wesvann/honda/shifter/shifter.html)
Loom - Which? What car is the motor coming from? You got a halfcut or just motor and G/Box?
Fuel tank and lines - Which? ED hatch needs EFI tank from ED/EF CRX. Use the lines already on your car, just replace soft hose on the ends with EFI rated fuel hose
Brake setup - I was thinking a DA but again not really sure what to go with. You could use any rear disc trailing arm from DA, DC, EG or EF if you can find one. Fronts need DA or EF, booster and prop valve from DA also.

unknxn
22-07-2015, 10:22 PM
What car is the motor coming from? You got a halfcut or just motor and G/Box? I just have the engine and gearbox

And thank you for the information really cleared a few things up! Appreciate it