PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Euro Update?

V205
15-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi guys,

Seeing how the 2005 CRV got an update (mp3 player standard, bigger rims, diff look lights and grills etc) this year. The euro came out one year after CRV. Does that mean the Euro will be due on an update in 2006? Anyone know anything?

I'm close to buying one but would kill me if I miss some update by half a year. :D

Regards.

stephen8512
16-04-2005, 01:59 AM
the euro came out 2003 i think?
theres already been an update on the 2005 current model euro luxury editions
which include full size spare, some sort of suspension upgrade and euro R 17" rims

REV888
16-04-2005, 08:04 AM
From what I have read there will be no real major update with the Euro until 2007-2008.

UNLS1
16-04-2005, 10:16 AM
yeah no updates for ages so go out and buy a nice 2005 euro lux man hehehe :D

bigdongers
16-04-2005, 10:17 AM
I can't imagine what else they could do to the euro! I have a feeling they may offer a sports model at some stage based on the standard euro with bodykit etc.

If you like the car, buy it now as I doubt its gonna get much better next year.

albii
16-04-2005, 02:25 PM
i have heard that they are working on a mazda 6 mps type competitor quite possibly turbocharged and awd

stephen8512
16-04-2005, 02:59 PM
i have heard that they are working on a mazda 6 mps type competitor quite possibly turbocharged and awd

it is turbocharged at AWD. its also a top mount intercooler and the MPS is said to be released here next year sometime

albii
16-04-2005, 06:25 PM
it is turbocharged at AWD. its also a top mount intercooler and the MPS is said to be released here next year sometime
no, i mean honda is working on a mps competitor which could be awd and turbo. imagine that ...a honda accord euro turbo.
btw mps is due here end of this year.

toE
16-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I have a strong belief that Honda will not go Forced Induction any time soon.
Only time can prove me wrong then I guess. :)

yfin
16-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Hi guys,

Seeing how the 2005 CRV got an update (mp3 player standard, bigger rims, diff look lights and grills etc) this year. The euro came out one year after CRV. Does that mean the Euro will be due on an update in 2006? Anyone know anything?

I'm close to buying one but would kill me if I miss some update by half a year. :D

Regards.

I agree with the earlier posts - there is nothing in the pipeline that has been officially announced. Just buy the car if you like it.

The Mazda 6 MPS will be released in October I believe - around $55,000 so totally different price bracket.

PNR888
16-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Accord Euro is first released in Japan in Oct 2002. Launched in Australia June ish 2003. With the slight upgrade in 2005 version, there shouldn't be any major upgrade again for 2006 version unless the sales figure drop to an embarassing point in 2005.

Possible trick Honda may play is introduction of Anniversary Edition or special edition. which usually throws in a few accessories as standard. eg floor mats, spoiler, special edition badge.

It will be interesting to see how Honda respond when Mazda MPS hits Oz market. Maybe bringing in Euro -R (162KW) to match up MPS?

euro77
17-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I still doubt that Honda Australia will bring the euro-R in. They probably won't do anything to match up with Mazda MPS.

bigdongers
17-04-2005, 02:15 PM
The Euro R would be nice but doesnt fit with Honda Australias new direction. Hence why they got rid of the Integra Type R.

Also what would they charge for a Euro R? $50k? It would be getting close to the MPS and Liberty GT/3.0R/B models and would lose on power.

albii
17-04-2005, 06:34 PM
they ARE really working on a mps competitor and it will be awd too i read it somewhere.

euro77
17-04-2005, 06:41 PM
The question is: will it reach Australia?

Most obvious answer is: NO :D

euro77
17-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the euro. Not that I wouldn't mind having a car that can beat the Mazda MPS (or all other car for that matter), but for a car I can afford, I believe this is the best car available!

albii
17-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the euro. Not that I wouldn't mind having a car that can beat the Mazda MPS (or all other car for that matter), but for a car I can afford, I believe this is the best car available!
ah yes i have come to the conclusion that no matter how fast your car is there is always someone faster than you

Fr3aKi3
17-04-2005, 08:11 PM
rumours of an AWD turbo euro have been circulating for quite some time now but they're all just rumours.

PNR888
19-04-2005, 12:06 PM
rumours of an AWD turbo euro have been circulating for quite some time now but they're all just rumours.

I dont think Honda will break its tradition by putting Turbo on their cars. definitely not on Euro.
Unless turbo become a trand in the future, then it is different story. and If they decide to use Turbo, Most likely they will introduce a competely new model, perhaps a super sport car? You never know what will happen in the future.

aaronng
19-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Actually... They could bring the Euro R here. But the target market for the Euro was not the enthusiasts, but rather those above 30 years old, with a small amount of income to spare. This market is way larger than the enthusiast market. Just check the sales of the Euro compared to the ITR from last year.

The price of the Euro R is similar to that of the ITR (source: VTEC club DVD). It's the CTR that is made in the UK that is too expensive to bring here. In Japan, I think the high cost of labour for manufacturing the CTR in UK is absorbed into the overall manufacturing costs for every model, so the increase for the few numbers of CTR sold is small compared to the costs of the other models.

With the MPS, it will spur Honda to rethink its strategy. Remember how the Accord was before the Euro came out as a response to the Mazda6 (in Australia)? Slow, sluggish, no handling and expensive. No one would have thought that Honda Australia would bring a car as brilliant as the Euro over. Honda Australia is a conservative company, hence they will only make a move when it has been proven to be successful by some other car manufacturer. Honda Japan on the other hand is innovative, just look at the SH-AWD system. No doubt a competitor to the MPS will be developed.

We'll have to see if the MPS sells in big numbers, before Honda Australia will bring in that model to compete with Mazda.

EuroAccord13
19-04-2005, 05:15 PM
The Euro is already a comfortable leader/choice car in the segment and I doubt they will want to change their winning routes....

yfin
19-04-2005, 05:39 PM
We'll have to see if the MPS sells in big numbers, before Honda Australia will bring in that model to compete with Mazda.

As much as I like the idea of the MPS - I don't think it will sell very well if it is around $55,000. It looks too similar to the $28,000 Mazda 6. There are also plenty of people out there that will never buy a turbo car due to insurance costs. And if they do - Subaru has that market covered to death.

stephen8512
19-04-2005, 06:41 PM
subaru and also mitsubishi, with their desperate ploy to boost their sales with the evo 8 (no pun intended)

industrie
19-04-2005, 07:07 PM
the mazda wouldnt be worth the money...for around 55k you would pay that extra for an evo 8, STI or rx-8...

toE
19-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Heck, at 55k, people will be more inclined to go the EVO IX, when it comes out with an approximate price tag of 58K, AND it won't be a "limited" supply. But that's another story. :)

EuroAccord13
19-04-2005, 08:26 PM

I am pretty sure the Euro has an AWD version in Japan.. They even have Diesel versions too....

aaronng
19-04-2005, 09:49 PM
The AWD euro is only the 2.0 litre versions. Not sure if the diesel has AWD... It's not in my HyperRev. :(

With regards to choosing the EVOIX over the MPS, parents are more likely to go for the MPS over the evo. The evo has a sports car image, without luxury.... I"d go for the Evo though!

aaronng
19-04-2005, 09:53 PM
As much as I like the idea of the MPS - I don't think it will sell very well if it is around $55,000. It looks too similar to the $28,000 Mazda 6. There are also plenty of people out there that will never buy a turbo car due to insurance costs. And if they do - Subaru has that market covered to death.
The turbo might be th e downpoint, but with regards to the $55,000 price, Subaru has also done the same. Their 2.5 Liberty base model is $34,990 (manual), while their GT and 3.0 models are over $50,000 and they still sell well. I do see more 3.0Rs over the GT model though, probably due to the turbo. Kinda sad when you see a 2.0 turbo having a higher insurance cost over the 3.0 Boxer 6, eventhough the power outputs are similar... Reminds me of the old Cappucino. Turbo engine, convertible and import from Japan. Insurance was higher than a Commo SS!!!

VirIIx
21-04-2005, 02:09 PM
I remember i read up something about the mazda mps, it was actually a big let down for the specs that were given.

IMO not worth the money, WRX STi or WRX even would be a better choice for the price mark - though.. anything is better within that price mark when i was comparing.

just my 2 cents :)