PDA

View Full Version : squeaking/knocking noise from suspension ?

jazzgd
30-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Hi all

Ive got a gd3 and about 2 months ago i noticed some knocking/squeaking noises coming from the front left wheel everytime i hit a little bump or speed bump. since then its gotten abit louder and im guessing its got something to do with suspension or shocks. I think this because my previous car had the same problem and before i sold it the guy who bought my car said its my shocks.

Im just wondering if someones had the same problem ?

If it is shocks how much am i looking at to replace them ? my car is about to hit 10000kms too is it time for change ?

amant02
30-07-2015, 10:26 AM
LCA Bolt. Check dat. I had similar problem after hitting a deadly pothole.

jazzgd
30-07-2015, 12:18 PM

ahhhh k ill check that out. i do remember hitting a pretty big pot hole after some heavy rain

Jasemas
30-07-2015, 08:40 PM

Oooo good spotting

My GE6 does it too
From the left
I'll check out the LCA bolts next time i have the car up

snappy_
29-11-2015, 08:16 PM
any progress on this?

have a gd3 with 120000kms and sounds like my left front shocks are knocking, i doubt it needs replacing that quick?

had the car jacked up today and couldnt find anything wrong, how do i check the LCA bolt?

bennjamin
30-11-2015, 06:36 PM
any progress on this?

have a gd3 with 120000kms and sounds like my left front shocks are knocking, i doubt it needs replacing that quick?

had the car jacked up today and couldnt find anything wrong, how do i check the LCA bolt?

Its not the bolt per se - its the bush of the LCA that can rip or tear under sudden load (hitting a bump etc)

If the bush looks fine , no cracks or wear atleast make sure its torqued to "around" 90-100nm.