PDA

View Full Version : headlight questions

Bakman
16-04-2005, 03:50 AM
hey my crv is currently fitted with G4 brand halos with a 4200K rating, but i find that the light isn't bright at all and driving in streets that are lit up results in no beam on the ground at all. it's kinda hard to drive with it. i was just wondering whether this condition might have been caused by the crv being higher off the ground? or maybe the bulbs aren't very good? does anyone else have experience with these lights? reading some of the older posts, i see that people have a preference for Philips, is it much brighter? looking for white lights, not really concerned about the blue tinge, would be nice but rather get brightness. i heard maybe about 6000K is white?

thanks in advance

toE
16-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Have a read at this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10002). concerning which bulbs to use. It might help you out. :)

|N|
16-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Hid

Bakman
16-04-2005, 05:33 PM
thanks for that!

there was that article within the post, pretty definitive i reckon

toE
16-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Hope you will come back here with your solution/experiences. :)

JASMA
17-04-2005, 08:40 PM
go for the HID mate~~ : )
well, G4 is pretty bright when u look at it but it isn't that bright when u look at the road....Philips is a good choice for H4 light bulbs

Bakman
17-04-2005, 11:28 PM
haha....yeah you wouldn't know anyone selling HID kits would ya...;)

but really, can't afford them, worried about overheating the wiring harness, it's illegality, stuff like that.
tried philips parkers that were supposed to be white once, that was a waste of money, they were like as yellow as my stock ones. so yeah not too happy with philips, probably going to try osram, sylvania (if i can get them). i'll post up what i think when i get them

^^v
18-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Hella Premium 50+ Bulbs
Philips Vision Plus 50

try those dude... dun worry about colour temp..
n as for ur 4200k.. i dun think that was a good idea.. sure the light is whiter.. but the luminosity (which is the most important thing, coz that determines the quantity of light output) would be lower than ur standard halogen bulbs...

Read here... someone done a review on the above branded bulbs...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13863&page=3&pp=12

Bakman
18-04-2005, 02:49 PM
got some headlights today, went with philips anyway, yeah got the vision plus ones, not dark yet so don't know what the difference is, but yeah went back to being pretty yellow. oh well. i'll post up some pics of the difference if i have some time tonight. they don't match my white parkers anymore. aiiiy.

oh well at least i can see now.

hondafever
07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
good to hear that u can see the street while driving...... maybe u might want to add fog lamp at the front.....:honda: