PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] whining noise coming from the alternator/belts area (video)

mysterious_7
01-08-2015, 12:11 PM
About a week ago my car started making an annoying whining noise, the noise is audible from inside the car and gets louder as the revs go up.

The car has about 102,000km, serviced religiously every 8,000km-10,000km at Doncaster Honda and has absolutely no oil leaks of any type or form..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwqXELJsILo

Can you please help me identify the source of noise? And has anyone else had this issue or did I just get very unlucky?

I've always heard good stuff about Honda's reliability specially, K-series engines, that's why I went for a CU2 as my daily.

N.b. Car is not modified at all, absolutely bone stock

Thanks in advance

Lozer
01-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Sounds like the bearing in the wheel adjuster . gey it checked buy your Honda dealer.

mysterious_7
02-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Sounds like the bearing in the wheel adjuster . gey it checked buy your Honda dealer.

Thanks Lozer.

Yeah I thought it sounded like some sort of worn out bearing noise.

Any recommendation for a good mechanic that's familiar with Hondas? Car is outside warranty and I was actually planning to stop taking it to the dealer. I am in Melbourne inner eastern suburbs

Is this whining noise a common problem on these engines or did I just get super unlucky?

Thanks

Lozer
05-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Super unlucky mate. I live in Millicent so I guess Melbourne is out of my league but I am Shure there is a mate that could recommend someone. Hey could be the belt but sounds like the bearing.

tony1234
06-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Check the belt tensioner

Fredoops
16-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks Lozer.

Yeah I thought it sounded like some sort of worn out bearing noise.

Any recommendation for a good mechanic that's familiar with Hondas? Car is outside warranty and I was actually planning to stop taking it to the dealer. I am in Melbourne inner eastern suburbs

Is this whining noise a common problem on these engines or did I just get super unlucky?

Thanks

There's sleeping performance out at dandy

There used to be a dedicated honda service centre over at nunawading but they're sold to a new owner.