PDA

View Full Version : Need to figure out key secrets for Odyssey RB3

mrbadabing
10-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Hi Guys

New to the forum, have introduced myself and thanks for helping if you can. Hope I can help as well.

I have a 2012 Odyssey Lux, lost one key and being quoted over 400$ from Honda and 365$ from locksmiths.

Here is what I have found in my hunting around.
- Keys are available for about $30 outside Australia, with the blade and the transponder
-There are about 3 frequencies of transponder, 313.5, 315, and 434MHz I think.
-There are a fair few programmers that can work, but it depends on the year model as most aftermarket programmers stop around 2011 model years unless you want to spend 4k+ for an original tool...

These are my questions:
1. Does anyone know which programmer took is best (I am willing to invest - I have programmed Benz keys before and it's a massive headache doing it the EIS EDS route. Pulling out eeproms etc from ignition system - not fun.
For Honda, is it the FLY100? or the MVCI? or the CK100/200?
2. Can the key be programmed through an ignition key sequence if I still have a key, which I do.
3. Can anyone help me identify which frequency my key and IMMO use? Is the only way to use a frequency counter?

I'm willing to invest in some tools, and thus help others save some money with like a contribution for programming, not the 100$+ just to turn up.

I would walk into a locksmith tomorrow and get a key if they didn't want 365$ for a key that ultimately doesn't cost more than 80$... I'd pay up to 200$ for a remote key, I think that is fair - I don't need a Honda original, which is ultimately the same key but sold to me by Honda.

I love learning this stuff, I have an IT back ground, but help an auto electrician mate of mine with some circuit board work and ECU cloning, and I also tinker extensively in motorcycle engines..

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Jasemas
10-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Honda have a special program which is linked in with head office in Japan and i cant go into detail about that
But you need a freaking expensive G scan tool to get it done (if you dont want to pay honda/locksmith)

mrbadabing
11-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Honda have a special program which is linked in with head office in Japan and i cant go into detail about that
But you need a freaking expensive G scan tool to get it done (if you dont want to pay honda/locksmith)

Hi Jasemas,

Thank you for the info. I do want to pay, I just sick of being rorted.. lol

My brother over in USA got a key from a lockie for his Honda, remote type, for 180$, so about 230AUD. That I think is fair. If anyone knows a locksmith in Sydney that is reasonable, and maybe independent, pls pass on their info.

I have located some aftermarket tools that can decode the pin code for my model year, and thus give access to the IMMO to program keys. And yeah, GScan is a great tool, best for Japanese cars by far, but certainly isn't the only one that will allow security access.

I'll keep working on this, and update this thread as and if I have any success.

Thanks again mate.

mrbadabing
11-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Hi Jasemas,

Thank you for the info. I do want to pay, I just sick of being rorted.. lol

My brother over in USA got a key from a lockie for his Honda, remote type, for 180$, so about 230AUD. That I think is fair. If anyone knows a locksmith in Sydney that is reasonable, and maybe independent, pls pass on their info.

I have located some aftermarket tools that can decode the pin code for my model year, and thus give access to the IMMO to program keys. And yeah, GScan is a great tool, best for Japanese cars by far, but certainly isn't the only one that will allow security access.

I'll keep working on this, and update this thread as and if I have any success.

Thanks again mate.

I've found $245 for a two button key. One guy as low as $220 but he was very odd on the phone and spoke quite broken english, i could just imagine the after sales support if something went wrong. $245 is a fair price with 1yr warranty, reputable lockie. Not sure if allowed to recommend names or websites on here so will go refresh myself on this forums rules. Will give more feedback once the key is done. Next week sometime.

Fredoops
16-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Get a honda workshop scanner.

It's called honda hds

Then just tell the ecu to learn the new transponder (ie adding a key)

A Chinese made honda workshop scanner replica us under a hundred on aliexpress/ebay.

mrbadabing
09-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Get a honda workshop scanner.

It's called honda hds

Then just tell the ecu to learn the new transponder (ie adding a key)

A Chinese made honda workshop scanner replica us under a hundred on aliexpress/ebay.

Hi mate, I did check those tools. I've heard mixed reviews. Also, note it needs PCM code calculator tool as HDS does not reveal PIN. Some locksmithing tools are able to bypass that.

I've been looking at the AllScanner tool calld VCX Pro or VXDiag. The Honda, Toyota, JLR version supports latest software, and can be upgraded. It can also be unlocked to support a few other brands with more on the way apparently.
It can't do all keys lost for Honda, this requires something like SKP-900 and I am not a locksmith so no need to invest 1k US$ in it.
If you are into Toyota, it does do all keys lost for G chip keys as well.

The VXDIAG is $259, or around $300 with the PCM calculator dongle needed to do honda keys.

Thanks for the tips guys.