PDA

View Full Version : Problems with lowered Euros?

bogan
16-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi guys,
I've had my Euro now for about 4 months and whilst i love the car, i'm not a big fan of its height stance and would love to lower it (mainly for the aesthetics). I know some of you have had your Euros lowered, and the posts I've read have been very informative. However, I'd like your collective experiences of any type of problems you've encountered (including warranty issues) once your rides have been lowered and the sort of things the rest of us should do to avoid those same problems. Much appreciated!

yfin
16-04-2005, 08:30 PM
I have decided lowering with springs and not replacing shocks is not an option. False economy. On the USA forums people are reporting blown shocks after 12 months with lowered springs - two report all 4 shocks blown with Eibach prokit after 5000 miles.

Eventually I will go coilover - or the Honda A-spec suspension if it is ever released here. It just makes sense if you want to keep the car for more than 1 year.

EuroAccord13
17-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Now that is something interesting.. Normally, OEM shocks should be able to hold well against aftermarket springs (With a decent drop like 25-30mm).. I'm surprised that the shocks on the Euro gets blown after 8000Kms... Could it be the way our US counterparts drive Heheheheheheh.......

This really puts me off getting just the springs now... I wonder how come we haven't heard anything from owners in Japan :P... Must be the language barrier LOL!

Calvo
17-04-2005, 02:23 PM
my 5th gen accord has lasted 2+ yrs now with EiBach sportline springs on the stock shocks... travelled approx 80,000-90,000km on it...

u can tell they r on the way out the door, but its still survivin and doin its job.

im surprised the Euro cant even get 10,000km from the stock shocks.

yfin
17-04-2005, 03:30 PM
im surprised the Euro cant even get 10,000km from the stock shocks.

It can - I was quoting only a few cases where people are reporting blown shocks. There are others who have no problems at all. I think it depends how you drive - and how many potholes, speed humps, etc you encounter. I only made the comment as I think it is a false economy - you end up changing the shocks eventually and you lose out on the better performance of coilovers.