PDA

View Full Version : Track day question

Howardm
06-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Track day warriors which transmission oil are you running and why, price / quality and are you changing it often.
Many thanks

rc_
06-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Standard Honda mtf is fine, no need to get anything racing specific.

Never had any issues using it, shifts well during track events and after on the street.

My transmission has done 280k on the street before taking it to the track and still shifts fine and no gear whine or rattles to be heard.

I changed mine before I first tracked it then after a few events when I did an engine build, only changed it because it picked up dirt and muck when I was draining it but it came out looking as new otherwise.

cbauto
14-09-2015, 10:25 PM
I've heard of some people adding compressor fluid. works a charm

Super-DA9
16-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Track day warriors which transmission oil are you running and why, price / quality and are you changing it often.
Many thanks

When I was running stock ITR transmission I used Penrite pro gear 75w-85. It seemed to give the best shifts all round.

I used to change it before every track day, it cost something like $50 for 2.5L

It's viscosity and grade (GL4) are suitable for Honda transmissions and it supposedly has good shock resistance compared to OEM and similar fluids.

I'm only using motul FF LSD type 2 now because I'm running different internals and LSD settings.

u mad?
16-09-2015, 12:05 PM
What gearset u running tim

Super-DA9
16-09-2015, 12:35 PM
What gearset u running tim

Sorry didn't really clarify lol, ITR standard gears but I'm using carbon synchros and sleeves etc, LSD is Cusco RS plate type. These synchros and LSD settings are working better with the motul stuff but it's so expensive..

Howardm
18-09-2015, 08:29 PM
When I was running stock ITR transmission I used Penrite pro gear 75w-85. It seemed to give the best shifts all round.

I used to change it before every track day, it cost something like $50 for 2.5L

It's viscosity and grade (GL4) are suitable for Honda transmissions and it supposedly has good shock resistance compared to OEM and similar fluids.

I'm only using motul FF LSD type 2 now because I'm running different internals and LSD settings.

Thanks for the info Super-DA9, i got in touch with Penrite and they recommended the same product as you.
All changed and ready to go, counting the days.