PDA

View Full Version : King Springs and Suspension?

choppyshrimp
14-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Hey guys.
So the next thing going for my cl9 is to have it lowered, and your opinions here would be nice.
I'm not looking for a big drop and I'd like it to be affordable, which is why I've taken an interest in King Springs, seeing as that's what a lot of people seem to go with, 30mm looks fine to me.

If I were to go with King Springs, which shocks would be best to get with them, and what should I expect to pay for it all installed? Or if there's a place in Melb somewhere that does supply+fit, let me know! How's the ride quality with these springs compared to stock?

Cheers!

Vvvtec
14-09-2015, 06:14 PM
the king springs are def not a bad option! I had them on my first euro, gave a nice 3 finger drop it was hektik as shit hahaha scraping through the macca's drive thru with 3 boys in the back seat LOL on cheeseburger runs lmao and the car still handled like fernando schumachers f-1 car it was ridik!

Vvvtec
14-09-2015, 06:15 PM
ohh and i got them preeety cheap too i think i payed like $100 for each corner + $100 labour so was like $300 all up

markcrx
14-09-2015, 08:38 PM
I put Eibach springs in mine. Dropped 30mm.

http://eibach.mobile034.com/p/1184416/pro-kit-.html

choppyshrimp
14-09-2015, 09:23 PM
I put Eibach springs in mine. Dropped 30mm.

http://eibach.mobile034.com/p/1184416/pro-kit-.html

I also heard Eibach was good, did you put them in yourself? Did you switch your shocks too?

cbauto
14-09-2015, 09:38 PM
I rekon dun waste ur munee brah....

Just use da angel grinder and chop 3 loops off ur stockies brah

Best fing I eva done swear to god

lilthug
14-09-2015, 09:48 PM
http://www.suspensioncity.com.au/

one of the official king springs distributors for melb

cbauto
14-09-2015, 10:18 PM
http://www.suspensioncity.com.au/

one of the official king springs distributors for melb

^^

don't listen to this guy, he sold me fake king springs

the print said KONG SPRONGS

SHOGUNOVDDRK
15-09-2015, 02:46 AM
^^ don't listen to this guy

He sold me factory springs claiming they were king springs and said he'd do a good deal because we're both Asian.

Super-DA9
15-09-2015, 10:24 AM
I got coilover sleeves and springs off eBay for my CU2, cost about $150 all up

Fitted them to the factory shocks and it rides smooth af and tears through corners like a top fuel dragster!

Definitely a good option if Kong springs are a bit above your budget

choppyshrimp
15-09-2015, 10:39 AM
I got coilover sleeves and springs off eBay for my CU2, cost about $150 all up

Fitted them to the factory shocks and it rides smooth af and tears through corners like a top fuel dragster!

Definitely a good option if Kong springs are a bit above your budget

Haven't looked into that yet, thanks! I got a quote for $900 supply+fit including rear camber with King Springs at Suspension City. He also told me I didn't have to worry about new shocks, is that right? I always heard they'd be needed.

lilthug
15-09-2015, 10:42 AM
what camber kit did they recommend?

choppyshrimp
15-09-2015, 11:02 AM
what camber kit did they recommend?

I'm not sure, but the price jumped from $450-500 supply+fitted to $900 with the camber, so I'm assuming it must be something good.

lilthug
15-09-2015, 11:06 AM
id go get quotes else where to compare prices

choppyshrimp
17-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Just one thing I need to know is whether or not I'll need new shocks. I keep getting mixed responses, saying all I need is a rear camber+springs or camber+coils but no mention of shocks, whereas I'd read around and people are saying my stock shocks will blow. What is the ideal setup for a cl9 specifically that won't cause me issues?

cbauto
17-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Just one thing I need to know is whether or not I'll need new shocks. I keep getting mixed responses, saying all I need is a rear camber+springs or camber+coils but no mention of shocks, whereas I'd read around and people are saying my stock shocks will blow. What is the ideal setup for a cl9 specifically that won't cause me issues?

need is a matter of perspective.

markcrx
18-09-2015, 02:09 PM
I also heard Eibach was good, did you put them in yourself? Did you switch your shocks too?
A mate helped me install them. Left original shockers in.

lilthug
18-09-2015, 03:28 PM

how long is a piece of string?
ur og shocks can blow right away, or out last ur time owning the car
depends on condition/how u drive the car, if ur taking speed humps and bumps at full speed chances of blowing are higher

ive ran lowered springs on og shocks for 150000 kms, and they are fine

cbauto
18-09-2015, 04:10 PM
how long is a piece of string?
ur og shocks can blow right away, or out last ur time owning the car
depends on condition/how u drive the car, if ur taking speed humps and bumps at full speed chances of blowing are higher

ive ran lowered springs on og shocks for 150000 kms, and they are fine
I've driven 5 years on blown shocks too and it's fine.