PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Problem with Brake

Cyclotron
23-09-2015, 09:24 PM
I bought the CL9 '05 base from an auction (bad idea), and went for a drive on the highway right after. I began to test the brakes and as soon as you use the brakes the car shakes. The higher the speed you brake at, and the harder you brake the more and harder the car shakes.
I have also experienced another problem. When I let go of the gas from going 60km/h the RPM gets stuck at 2000 even if I am not touching the gas.
The steering wheel also tends to tilt to the left when I'm driving which will be very important to fix before my P's test next week on Tuesday. I checked the tires pressure (if it was uneven) but all were fine.

Just need a good idea on how to get these fixed, and what to fix. Possibly a cost but not that important thanks.

Fredoops
23-09-2015, 09:43 PM
I bought the CL9 '05 base from an auction (bad idea), and went for a drive on the highway right after. I began to test the brakes and as soon as you use the brakes the car shakes. The higher the speed you brake at, and the harder you brake the more and harder the car shakes.
I have also experienced another problem. When I let go of the gas from going 60km/h the RPM gets stuck at 2000 even if I am not touching the gas.
The steering wheel also tends to tilt to the left when I'm driving which will be very important to fix before my P's test next week on Tuesday. I checked the tires pressure (if it was uneven) but all were fine.

Just need a good idea on how to get these fixed, and what to fix. Possibly a cost but not that important thanks.

For starters get your brake checked. Could be a wrapped brake rotor(s)

Also get a wheel alignment

Next do a throttle body clean.

kryptonite
12-11-2015, 06:33 PM

did you get this fixed?