PDA

View Full Version : Possible mods for 2009 Honda City (Auto)

Lachiepower0402
22-10-2015, 08:55 PM
So I'm 16 and I'm getting my first real car in February, which is my grandmothers Auto 2009 Honda City which has been superbly look after, nothing but scratches, mostly from my bike and school bag. I'm wanting to do some mods to it such as larger throttle body, wider intake and exhaust, ecu upgrade, body kit, iridium spark plugs, higher cc injectors, upgraded fuel pump, POD air filter etc. Any suggestions or opinions?

I know you probably think this car isn't worth modding, but I would consider the car fast for what it is, everyone's laughing at me now. But for me and my age, it's fast.

I should be able to complete most task's as I am currently an apprentice motor mechanic and could get help from work if need be. I should be able to get cheaper parts as well.

I'm also guessing a turbo is out of the question? Can the auto trans handle the extra power of the turbo?

Thank you in advance

Super-DA9
23-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Ok, if you want to make power you're gonna need to follow these steps:

1: borrow a K series engine from a friend
2: fit the engine to your car but don't change the ECU
3: run the car for about 500km, it might run poorly to begin with but this should give the ECU enough time to 'learn' the right settings for the k series engine.
4: give your mate his engine back and put your original back in.

Your ECU will apply the settings from the K series engine to your current one, giving you more power.

You now have a virtual k swap. Get ready for WTAC 2016 coz no one can stop you now.

curtis265
23-10-2015, 12:26 PM
You can do anything you like, but you will regret spending too much time and money on it in 12 months

The best you can do for it is make it handle better. Go for suspension, sway bars and wider tyres. You never get bored of handling

Lachiepower0402
23-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Ok, if you want to make power you're gonna need to follow these steps:

1: borrow a K series engine from a friend
2: fit the engine to your car but don't change the ECU
3: run the car for about 500km, it might run poorly to begin with but this should give the ECU enough time to 'learn' the right settings for the k series engine.
4: give your mate his engine back and put your original back in.

Your ECU will apply the settings from the K series engine to your current one, giving you more power.

You now have a virtual k swap. Get ready for WTAC 2016 coz no one can stop you now.

Sound like an awesome idea, but I don't know anyone who has a K-series engine. Is it possible to flash my ECU to the K-series configuration or other remap?

Lachiepower0402
23-10-2015, 12:31 PM
You can do anything you like, but you will regret spending too much time and money on it in 12 months

The best you can do for it is make it handle better. Go for suspension, sway bars and wider tyres. You never get bored of handling

I probably will, but I want my first car to be more than just a car.

I can probably upgrade the drivetrain, but I wanted to get slightly more power at least.

u mad?
23-10-2015, 01:02 PM
100% leave it stock, you will cringe so hard in a years time when you remember you even considered modifying a City (especially to get power out of it)

If you MUST modify it maybe some lowered springs and decent tyres on maybe some nicer wheels.

That and maybe a decent sound system. Go for a ride in a car that is actually semi fast and you will soon realize how slow the city is.

Lachiepower0402
23-10-2015, 01:26 PM
100% leave it stock, you will cringe so hard in a years time when you remember you even considered modifying a City (especially to get power out of it)

If you MUST modify it maybe some lowered springs and decent tyres on maybe some nicer wheels.

That and maybe a decent sound system. Go for a ride in a car that is actually semi fast and you will soon realize how slow the city is.

I would probably just go for new rims, the stock stereo is not that bad. But I might change out the head unit to a touchscreen.

I completely agree that its slow, but going from an electric bike to this is 100x faster, when you look at it from my point of view.

RenzokukenJ
23-10-2015, 01:27 PM
So I'm 16 and I'm getting my first real car in February, which is my grandmothers Auto 2009 Honda City which has been superbly look after, nothing but scratches, mostly from my bike and school bag. I'm wanting to do some mods to it such as larger throttle body, wider intake and exhaust, ecu upgrade, body kit, iridium spark plugs, higher cc injectors, upgraded fuel pump, POD air filter etc. Any suggestions or opinions?

I know you probably think this car isn't worth modding, but I would consider the car fast for what it is, everyone's laughing at me now. But for me and my age, it's fast.

I should be able to complete most task's as I am currently an apprentice motor mechanic and could get help from work if need be. I should be able to get cheaper parts as well.

I'm also guessing a turbo is out of the question? Can the auto trans handle the extra power of the turbo?

Thank you in advance

I probably will, but I want my first car to be more than just a car.

I can probably upgrade the drivetrain, but I wanted to get slightly more power at least.
Best mod you can do is sell the car and get something that's worth modding

Like a polo gti

u mad?
23-10-2015, 01:31 PM
I know what its like man, wen't from pushbike to dc5r, thing felt like a fukin rocket lol. But seriously man, its a absolute waste of time moding that car for power, just enjoy it for what it is, and trade up to a better platform later on

Lachiepower0402
23-10-2015, 02:30 PM
I know what its like man, wen't from pushbike to dc5r, thing felt like a fukin rocket lol. But seriously man, its a absolute waste of time moding that car for power, just enjoy it for what it is, and trade up to a better platform later on

First of all, nice first car, way better than the city, you still have it?

I agree with what you saying and will leave it as it is.

I am probably going to get a '08 XT Forester for my next car.

curtis265
23-10-2015, 02:41 PM
First of all, nice first car, way better than the city, you still have it?

I agree with what you saying and will leave it as it is.

I am probably going to get a '08 XT Forester for my next car.

If you have another car in mind, don't spend money on your current one.

How to go broke 101

Integra-GSi
23-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Don't spend money on a Honda City, buy a better platform to start with like Civic, or Integra, or Prelude or whatever. If you do anything get wider tyres 205/45/16 and put coil overs in. Doesn't need to be fast, just needs to be better set up. Can even get cheap tyres in that size that are decent like Kuhmo Ecstas, just don't spend money on Honda City engine mods.

Renaissance_x
23-10-2015, 05:19 PM
If you really wanted to modify it lowering it and sticking it on some decent wheels would do the trick.

Lachiepower0402
24-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Don't spend money on a Honda City, buy a better platform to start with like Civic, or Integra, or Prelude or whatever. If you do anything get wider tyres 205/45/16 and put coil overs in. Doesn't need to be fast, just needs to be better set up. Can even get cheap tyres in that size that are decent like Kuhmo Ecstas, just don't spend money on Honda City engine mods.

If you really wanted to modify it lowering it and sticking it on some decent wheels would do the trick.

I'll probably just go with some new wheels, no need to spend a grand on suspension if I'm not going to race with it.

Integra-GSi
24-10-2015, 05:48 PM
It's not really about racing it, it's about lowering the centre of gravity and making the suspension firmer so it goes around corners better. Corners are more fun than straight line, particularly in a front wheel drive car. None of the other mods you've mentioned will make any material difference without an ECU anyway for tuning purposes and by the time you buy a decent aftermarket ECU or chip for a modern car you'll be up around $1000 anyway.

curtis265
25-10-2015, 12:11 PM
I'll probably just go with some new wheels, no need to spend a grand on suspension if I'm not going to race with it.

No need to spend that much on breathing mods either.

Lachiepower0402
26-10-2015, 07:31 AM
It's not really about racing it, it's about lowering the centre of gravity and making the suspension firmer so it goes around corners better. Corners are more fun than straight line, particularly in a front wheel drive car. None of the other mods you've mentioned will make any material difference without an ECU anyway for tuning purposes and by the time you buy a decent aftermarket ECU or chip for a modern car you'll be up around $1000 anyway.

No need to spend that much on breathing mods either.

Good point you got their, I can agree that corners are way better than a straight line.

These were the only coil overs I could find for my car, which are $1300

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/bc-racing-coilover-suspension-kit-honda-city-09.html

Renaissance_x
26-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Lowering a car often makes a big difference in how it looks though.

Have you tried looking at aftermarket shocks and springs instead of adjustable coilovers?

Lachiepower0402
26-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Lowering a car often makes a big difference in how it looks though.

Have you tried looking at aftermarket shocks and springs instead of adjustable coilovers?

I found this shock absorber

http://ph.iwanti.com/buy-sale-car-accessories_kyb-kayaba-brand-shock-absorber-front-honda-civic-fd-2006-to-2013_idd_13593073

I found these lowering springs

http://ph.iwanti.com/buy-sale-car-accessories_honda-jazz-and-city-lowering-springs-gd-idsi-body_idd_13093331

I will have to check if they can ship to Australia