PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a new Honda owner!

emmas777
28-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone!

We're first time Honda purchasers. We have a Honda Jazz Vti-s 2014.

My partner John & I have ALWAYS loved Honda's but they'd been out of our price range until the past 5 years or so.

The vehicle we have now is not one for driving pleasure, we use it as a driving instructor vehicle. We had been using a VW Golf Mk7 Tdi 2014 however it was losing us business as it was confusing the students a little with its stop/start system (similar to a Toyota Prius), the button handbrake, touchy breaks, left hand indicators etc etc...We LOVE it but the kids hate it. Now that we have the Honda, the kids are DELIGHTED! It's simple enough to operate, yet has all the bells & whistles that they love. It's funny how, regardless of the fact they don't even use the the flashy features, just how much of a difference it makes to the students that the car is modern & on point.

Anyways, thanks for having us here. Lovely to 'meet' you all & looking forward to reading all your posts! If you have a recent model Honda Jazz, we'd love to hear your feedback & opinions on your vehicle. I wasn't sure whether we'd fit in here, whether ideally this is a place for people with souped-up engines & modified kits/rims etc? So feel free to let us know if you think we don't belong here!

Have a great day EVERYONE!!

Emma (& John)....
:D:wave:;)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Now that we have the Honda, the kids are DELIGHTED! It's simple enough to operate, yet has all the bells & whistles that they love. It's funny how, regardless of the fact they don't even use the the flashy features, just how much of a difference it makes to the students that the car is modern & on point.

Emma & John nice to have you on board.

I'm glad the Honda wins!

Maybe I was an overzealous learner but I would've killed for the Golf lulz

bennjamin
28-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the board

Just a hint - you can turn off the bluemotion feature temporarily as per every ignition - or you can permanently disable it via VCDS or a dealership.

Anyway , enjoy your stay have a browse

emmas777
28-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Emma & John nice to have you on board.

I'm glad the Honda wins!

Maybe I was an overzealous learner but I would've killed for the Golf lulz

I know right! Lol!! The VW looks like some kind of spaceship internally (especially the Comfortline one we have).
Fortunately for me it's become my car YIPPEEE!!

Do you currently drive a Honda?
Thanks for replying ;)

emmas777
28-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the board

Just a hint - you can turn off the bluemotion feature temporarily as per every ignition - or you can permanently disable it via VCDS or a dealership.

Anyway , enjoy your stay have a browse

Thanks bennjamin!
Yeah, John used to turn it off for the kids. I must admit, it can feel a little disconcerting at times...when it goes off & you stopped to turn at a busy intersection or something...you get the sense that the car won't go...that must've been scary for the kids!
I researched having it permanently disabled just after we bought it. I printed out the computer amendments & took it to the dealer...they said doing so would void our new car warranty...which we thought was crap!! Had they done it fir us, it could've saved us THOUSANDS!! But, as I mentioned above...I'm not complaining, I got an 18 month old car!! Lol!!

Hey, how do you know so much about VW's anyways?
Do you drive a Honda??

Thanks for relying, seriously..v cool!

Ciao!!

DreadAngel
28-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Welcome,

You'll be fine, there are people here about maintaining, caring and appreciating cars [Like yourselves]. You have the other half others that like to do modifications, go trackdays, etc.