PDA

View Full Version : Car advice please help!!!

EDteg
05-11-2015, 12:30 AM
Hi guys,

I'm struggling between which car I want, I've been looking at dc2 vtir, dc5 lux, type S or prelude 5th gen. I'm a bit still a bit afraid of high kms on the dc2s( even though my friends have told me many times kms don't matter that much) and I won't be able to afford the type S for a while but I need a car soon, so should I go for the dc5 lux or suck it up and go buy a high km dc2 or prelude or is it worth going car less for a month and saving for the type S?

I don't plan to take my car to the track at all but I want to learn how to work on the car such as changing exhaust, coilovers etc I don't need it to be really fast, just want a fun stick shift to drI've on my Ps

Thanks guys

avtis96
05-11-2015, 01:34 AM
What sort of condition is the dc2r in? Don't ignore the high kms, remember as cars get older, things start to to wrong. Some important things to consider for a car with high kms would be when was the timing belt last replaced? Are the rotors rusted or thinned? How is the transmission? Are the gear changes rough or slow? These can all lead to very expensive fixes. Also keep in mind that this is a dc2r....safe to say this car has possibly been given a hiding or 2 at some point, just something to keep in mind. Of course if the car checks out then by all means this is an amazing car.

I used to own a 5th gen accord, almost the exact same engine setup as a 5th gen prelude. It was a great car and never gave me any issues, I also bought this at 186k kms. Very reliable, but that is just my experience. Once again it all depends on the condition of the car.

The dc5 is a great car too, I always planned on getting one but decided just to upgrade to another accord. What sort of condition is the dc5 in? It's hard to say without seeing or knowing more about the cars but from the sounds of things I'd say the dc5 is your best buy if you simply want a daily.

The dc2r would be great if you really want to do it up. Those b series engines fly and are a lot of fun to work on. The Prelude would also be good fun. The h series engines really go as well.

Once again it's hard to say without knowing the condition of the cars. But just keep in mind it's better to spend a little more now to save you from spending a lot in the future. Hope this helps!

EDteg
05-11-2015, 01:54 AM
Thanks so much this definitely helps! I am leaning towards dc5 but since I can't really afford the type S, was wondering what your opinion is in the base model dc5 if I just simply want a fun car to drive with a little bit of kick in it when needed :)

avtis96
05-11-2015, 02:14 AM
I personally think they are amazing cars. My friend had a type-s dc5, not too different from the base model, but he had done it up with a body kit, type-r spoiler, headers, intake and exhaust system, it looked and sounded amazing! There is definitely plenty of work to do on the dc5's! They are fun to drive, you wouldn't be getting a crazy pull from it but it's definitely a zippy car and you can make them look really cool

Daveho1
05-11-2015, 05:26 AM
Dc2 for my own secret reasons

EDteg
05-11-2015, 11:34 AM
I personally think they are amazing cars. My friend had a type-s dc5, not too different from the base model, but he had done it up with a body kit, type-r spoiler, headers, intake and exhaust system, it looked and sounded amazing! There is definitely plenty of work to do on the dc5's! They are fun to drive, you wouldn't be getting a crazy pull from it but it's definitely a zippy car and you can make them look really cool

Thanks man! I'll just have to look around and see what's available when I finally have enough money saved

Vvvtec
05-11-2015, 08:04 PM
go drive them all

buy the one u like the most

lol

u mad?
05-11-2015, 08:40 PM
go drive them all

lol

is it really that simple?

yes it is

thread closed.

cbauto
05-11-2015, 08:51 PM
go drive them all

lol
Your advice is almost as good as amant02's

RenzokukenJ
05-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Inb4 sti

Inb4polo gti

Daveho1
06-11-2015, 03:48 AM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to CBauto again.
Honestly it also depends what u want to do with the car long term as they are all good cars.

amant02
06-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Driven All of them, Even have a Type S sitting on my driveway.

Yeh na they all shit. Cos Honda.

I kid,

I would buy the Type S, cos that aggressive K20 Sound with open filter.

You will see alot more gains if you were to work on the car, aka exhaust etc etc cos K20 and the 6 speed box from Honda is just a wonder to drive in traffic.

webbrowan
15-12-2015, 06:27 PM
I would personally wait another month as I think there isn’t a need to rush to settle for the least since you are not in a hurry. Do not buy things on impulse as owning a car is a long-term commitment so you won’t be able to change ever so often. Otherwise, you can go around to various dealers to compare car finance to see which one best suit your means.

DreadAngel
15-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I personally think they are amazing cars. My friend had a type-s dc5, not too different from the base model

Wot...

curtis265
21-12-2015, 04:30 PM
I would personally wait another month as I think there isn’t a need to rush to settle for the least since you are not in a hurry. Do not buy things on impulse as owning a car is a long-term commitment so you won’t be able to change ever so often. Otherwise, you can go around to various dealers to compare car finance to see which one best suit your means.

if you are getting finance on any of the above mentioned cars, you are truly someone who needs to sort out their priorities in life better.

cbauto
21-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Save up centerlink payments for car.

RenzokukenJ
21-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Someone change the title to finance advice

RenzokukenJ
21-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Is this reverse psychology?

bennjamin
22-12-2015, 08:10 AM
if you are getting finance on any of the above mentioned cars, you are truly someone who needs to sort out their priorities in life better.

I hear webbrowan offers best finance rate in market/10

RenzokukenJ
22-12-2015, 11:49 AM
0% interest pm him tonight, or call 0424 078 868 for more details

DreadAngel
22-12-2015, 07:38 PM
I hear webbrowan offers best finance rate in market/10

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/067/7/b/shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg

shepparton
27-12-2015, 01:12 PM
All honda engine are strong, doesn't matter if they are high kms.

but always look at the car that stock and no modification.

RenzokukenJ
27-12-2015, 02:00 PM
All honda engine are strong, doesn't matter if they are high kms.

but always look at the car that stock and no modification.
Polo engine probably 100x better tho