PDA

View Full Version : EG Hatch Cage in EK Hatch, will it fit.

D0nnie Dark0
10-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Hey guys and girls,

Another tricky question for you, I'm looking at buying a 6 point bolt in cams cage from AGI Engineering, however they only list and manufacture cages to fit EG currently, did email them and they were more than happy to test fit one in my EK, but bit hard seeing as I'm in SA and they're in NSW ;)

So I know that EG's and EK's are somewhat similar chassis, so I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows if an EG cage should still fit an EK fine, or even with some minor modifications.

I know that the strut towers are the same and internal width should be similar, I was mainly worried about the roof height and overall length inside.

Anyway, bit of a random one but if someone knows it'd be great to find out.

Cheers.

Hondarally
10-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Should have asked a few months ago when I had one of each (caged).

I'd suggest the answer is no, purely because you want the cage to follow the roof line as snugly as possible to work effectively. When I get home this weekend I can check my photos (i have several photos of the cages in both cars) to see if there are big differences.
For a simple 6 point cage you might be ok, though the main hoop will dictate that. My cages are (were) closer to 20 point, so much more complex

Have you tried bond or any of the other commercial cage manufacturers?

iwearmoccos
19-11-2015, 09:25 AM
I was going to order an AGI bolt in cage for my EK a few months back, they had an EK going in there for a weld in so were going to get measurements and arrange it. I changed my mind, but I always figured they would have got the measurements etc all sorted as they mentioned multiple EK owners were interested.