PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp units - maybe UK or JDM?

steve-gee
11-11-2015, 06:31 AM
Hi Guys

I'd like to replace my crappy headlamp shells (one leaks, the other has a broken lamp mount). Anyone know of any JDM or UK suppliers - in other words R/hand drive?

Cheers ;)

Steve

Grayfox
01-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Check ebay.co.uk for UKDM units, ebay.com.au local ones.
Try breaker yards.

RenzokukenJ
01-12-2015, 01:32 PM
For 4th gen? From memory you had a 4th gen yh?

!JonZap!
01-12-2015, 02:22 PM
UKDM are like ADM but include a levelling mechanism
JDM are 1pc

steve-gee
03-12-2015, 04:26 PM
For 4th gen? From memory you had a 4th gen yh?

Hey Renzo - perfect memory man! Yeah! :D

Steve

steve-gee
03-12-2015, 04:29 PM
UKDM are like ADM but include a levelling mechanism
JDM are 1pc

Do ya know of anyone that sells either of them though? I can get a set of USDM - but may be forced to "crack em open" and reset the internals to right hand drive? :eek:

Steve

RenzokukenJ
03-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Hey Renzo - perfect memory man! Yeah! :D

Steve
Aww yiss

Unfortunately I don't know though hehe

steve-gee
03-12-2015, 05:50 PM
I can get a set of USDM - but may be forced to "crack em open" and reset the internals to right hand drive? :eek:

Steve

I recently found a page where a guy had cracked them open and was resetting some JDM's to USDM - obviously for ADM to USDM it would be the reverse of that. Unfortunately though it looks like I did not bookmark the page?? :o

Steve

steve-gee
21-12-2015, 07:04 AM
Check ebay.co.uk for UKDM units, ebay.com.au local ones.
Try breaker yards.

Thanks Grayfox - I don't know why I hadn't tried Ebay in the UK? I guess it's because in the past when you tried that or the US - you got re-directed to Ebay.com.au - but it seems that has all changed? Anyway - I went on the UK site - got all excited when I found the headlights; only to notice that they were from the USA!! :unlove:

Does anyone know the location of the article explaining how to heat up the headlight shells in the oven - then prise them open?? As much as I would rather NOT do this - I may end up having to?

Steve

Super-DA9
03-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Everyone listen to me for a second you aren't going to believe this

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?188786-The-ultimate-FN2

This is gonna be CRAZY