PDA

View Full Version : Power window's Auto Down/Up not working

Alpine
17-04-2005, 09:02 PM
2005 Accord V6 Luxury - driver's power window's auto down/up feature was working fine until today. The window still works if I press the button and hold it, but the auto down/up doesn't seem to kick in anymore. Any ideas what could be wrong and how it could be fixed? I know it's under warranty but it's still a hassle to take it all the way back to a Honda dealer to look at it so if it's a quick easy fix I can do myself, it would be a bonus.

EuroAccord13
17-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Loose connection maybe...

You can take it to your nearest dealer, not necessarily where you got the car from ...

aaronng
17-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Your battery might have been disconnected and the ecu got reset. Auto power window doesn't work then. Try turning on your engine, then hold the driver power window down until it goes all the way down. Then raise the power window by holding the switch until the window is completely up. Keep hold the switch for an additional 3 seconds. After that, test to see if auto up and down work again.

learner
18-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Your battery might have been disconnected and the ecu got reset. Auto power window doesn't work then. Try turning on your engine, then hold the driver power window down until it goes all the way down. Then raise the power window by holding the switch until the window is completely up. Keep hold the switch for an additional 3 seconds. After that, test to see if auto up and down work again.

the auto power window link to the ecu???????? :confused:
i have disconnected my battery few times(for few hours)...
the auto power window still works fine.

i think is just the switch problem???
take it to dealer....
dun push it too hard next time.

aaronng
18-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, somehow the auto power window doesn't work when you disconnect the battery too long. Seen the same happen with my friend's CRV. I found the tip for use with the MDX, and it works with the CRV. No harm trying on the Accord since you don't have to pull anything apart or chant magic words.

bigdongers
18-04-2005, 02:22 PM
yep on my CRV, when you disconnect the battery for too long, the auto up doesnt work and you have to do the trick mentioned above to reset it.

learner
18-04-2005, 03:34 PM
..... i just dunno y if disconnect the battery for too long, the auto up/down will NOT work... isnt the auto up/down just another switch?
could somebody pls explain WHY??

Alpine
18-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Seems weird...why would this be so? So does that mean whenever the battery gets flat and needs recharging/replacing, the auto window won't wor?k?? BTW, the battery has not been disconnected at all, we haven't even touched anything under the bonnet.

In any case, I will try this simple trick and see if it works and let you know. Thanks for the tip. Here's hoping it works!

Lowenhart
19-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Dunno, same goes with Jazz.
Auto up/down worked after awhile with no fiddling...

|N|
19-04-2005, 01:26 AM
dun forget to check ur fuse...

Alpine
19-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Well I'll be a son of a motherless goat. The above trick worked!!! Thanks so much for the tip! Now I don't have to waste time taking it back to the dealer.

aaronng
19-04-2005, 06:18 PM
No problem! Glad to spread more Honda tricks around.

KL1368
19-04-2005, 06:30 PM
does this trick work on the other windows that don't have auto function?? sh!ts me that only the driver's window has auto function! :(

aaronng
19-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Nah, it only resets the auto function, not give auto function to the other windows. Only the driver needs auto windows for when at the toll booth or car park ticket collector machine. The other passengers could use the finger exercise!

PERTH_EURO
19-04-2005, 10:26 PM
having said that... how hard would it be to make em all auto from factory? Its one thing i have never understood with car makers.

bigdongers
20-04-2005, 01:09 AM
I think Honda don't make all windows auto up/down for safety reasons. That being said, i know that the Toyota Landcruiser has auto windows all around.

TwEigh
22-04-2005, 01:05 AM
check the little square button, make sure it is not pressed? since it will disable the automatic window power up/down button.. hehe