PDA

View Full Version : X-Force Headers LS Teg review

tegboy
17-04-2005, 09:47 PM
This is my findings and results... they may alter between different users.

Huge thanks for Trav for getting here sooooo quick was only 3 days from QLD to VIC. They headers came in perfect condition. I'd strongly recommend this seller to everyone.

Welding: 8
The welding on the outside of the exhaust manifold is very nice, and cosmetically well crafted

Fitting: 4
Had to extend the wire to the O2 sensor, not hard, just arkward to do safely and neatly. They bolted up to the B series block very well. However from the collector back is where all the problems occured. We had to "modify" part of the sump to clear the headers:(.

I have had to have another piece welded into my stock exhaust, as the header are 150mm too short from bolting up to the standard CAT, to me it seems like these were either the wrong headers for my car, or they were simply not designed very well. We had to move the bracket that bolts under the car.

Installation: 3
We have a hoist at home, which did make life easier, however they are far from an easy fit. With having to now take the car to the exhaust place to have a piece welded in is going to be a major pain, as I can't drive it, due to have no mufflers attached. Therefore will have to remove the body-kit to get it on the trailor, which means until I can do this, my car sits at a stand-still :(
Overall satisfaction: 6
The overall rating would have been a 2.5, if it wasn't for Trav's friendly attitude and speedy delivery.

Sorry Trav, but this was a very painful install, but you didn't design them so not your fault. Just to anyone in future, be careful as they will take lotsa work to install on a G2 LS

egSi
18-04-2005, 08:44 AM
man, that was an awesome write up. yes and i know that does sound too good lol BUT it was honest and i appreciate it.

swear to god the d16 headers(ones i have) must be the most perfect fit out of the lot tho. :rolleyes:

oh well thanks man, got any pics for the ppl? :wave:

tinkerbell
18-04-2005, 10:16 AM
why would you bitch about installing headers that were not designed for your car?

are you running 2 oxygen sensors or just one?

how many were you running before?

tegboy
18-04-2005, 12:13 PM
why would you bitch about installing headers that were not designed for your car?

are you running 2 oxygen sensors or just one?

how many were you running before?

?? They were the correct ones for my car, according to Trav from Underground Imports... "to me it seems like these were either the wrong headers for my car, or they were simply not designed very well...." meaning either they were incorrectly labelled or just not designed very well to suit the G2 Teg.

I only have 1 O2 sensor, which I had to relocate.

tinkerbell
18-04-2005, 12:16 PM
you have a B16A in a LS teg and it only has one 02 sensor?
what year is it?
is the o2 sensor near the head or near the cat?
is it 4 wire or 1 wire?

sorry, it just doesnt make any sense?

tegboy
18-04-2005, 01:19 PM
you have a B16A in a LS teg and it only has one 02 sensor?
what year is it?
is the o2 sensor near the head or near the cat?
is it 4 wire or 1 wire?

sorry, it just doesnt make any sense?

NO its a B18A.... non vtec, where did I say vtec? I am confused

Its a 1992, single wire o2, near the head.

I am very confused as to why this is an issue

tinkerbell
18-04-2005, 01:22 PM
ahhh, yes. i am very sorry.

you did not say VTEC, i assumed.

sorry for the inconvience!

tegboy
18-04-2005, 02:32 PM
ahhh, yes. i am very sorry.

you did not say VTEC, i assumed.

sorry for the inconvience!

No problem!!

egSi
18-04-2005, 04:48 PM
anyways, notice gains in performance man?

tegboy
18-04-2005, 07:37 PM
I can't drive the car, having to now take the car to the exhaust place to have a piece welded in is going to be a major pain, as I can't drive it, due to have no mufflers attached. Therefore will have to remove the body-kit to get it on the trailor, which means until I can do this, my car sits at a stand-still. :( :(

Which will mean I will have to wait until Saturday until my Dad or brother can come over to trailor it to the exhaust place... a week without a car.... ahhhhhhhhh

Had to walk to work, no car to drive, which meant a 1.5hr walk this morning and then, the same home. No public transport where i live:(

tegboy
20-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Well I took the day off work today, to remove the bodykit to get the car on the trailor to get it into the exhaust place... $120 later with new piping made, they are all on.....

They are loud, but well worth it. Much more responsive now.

They ended up costing alot more that I expected, losing a days work, plus the $120 for piping... but ho hum, that racing as they say.

And best of all, they are already, going a delicious shade of gold!

Pics to follow soon!

KB
20-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Interesting though how my D16y8 header fitted like a fukin' mofo (ie Extremly Well), while yours needed to be customised. :s

Must be because the D16 represents yO!

ICACHA
20-04-2005, 09:21 PM
tegboy, that wouldn't be you Clinton?

tegboy
21-04-2005, 07:34 AM
tegboy, that wouldn't be you Clinton?

Hey George.. it surely is!!! What are you doing over this side :)

egSi
21-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Must be because the D16 represents yO!

yes it does

ACTI0NMAN-1
02-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey George.. it surely is!!! What are you doing over this side :)

Have you been able to take pics of the install yet? i'm very interested in knowing how you altered the sump to have it fit, as i am in the same situation at the moment.

tegboy
03-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Have you been able to take pics of the install yet? i'm very interested in knowing how you altered the sump to have it fit, as i am in the same situation at the moment.

It was a pain, but we used a rubber mallet and "bashed" the part of the sump that was fouling. I was a little worried that it might leak, but so far, so good.

No pics yet, waiting for digi camera.

z3lda
03-05-2005, 06:26 PM
whats the difference with xforce headers compared to your stock one.? do u have aftermarket piping /cat/muffler?

tegboy
04-05-2005, 04:19 PM
whats the difference with xforce headers compared to your stock one.? do u have aftermarket piping /cat/muffler?

Yes I have high-flow cat, and a 2.5" stainless zorst. With a 2 straight through mufflers and a Super-Trap rear muffler. No rice cannons here!

FR33K
04-05-2005, 06:51 PM
did they come with or did u have to add a flex joint?

tegboy
04-05-2005, 08:46 PM
did they come with or did u have to add a flex joint?

No flexi-joint, probably could do with one, in all honesty

EKVTIR-T
04-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Could you give performance review? :thumbsup:

ACTI0NMAN-1
23-05-2005, 12:13 AM
No flexi-joint, probably could do with one, in all honesty

Could you still take a pic of where you had to modify the sump for me.. pleeeaase?

[stealth]
25-05-2005, 05:51 PM
got a performance review yet?