PDA

View Full Version : B18C2 bogging/hesitating under load..

EgFanatic
18-11-2015, 08:35 PM
I have a 1995 OBD1 Integra VTIR B18C2 engine and been having real bad troubles, the car is on about 255,000kms/ 158,000 miles,
I got the car for cheap and decided to use it as a daily to drive to work, previous owner parked the car in a garage for about 6 months because it kept stalling on him, when you try to give it gas.

Once i got the car i have done the following repairs to it:

- Head has been reconditioned new Ferrea valves installed, new guides, new valve stem seals and retainers all oem spec.

- New head gasket along with new head studs all torqued to factory spec.

-New intake gasket and exhaust gaskets

- Replaced all service able items such as fuel filter,spark plugs,timing belt kit, coolant,oil, air filter.

-Replaced distributor ( td-68u)

-New injectors and fuel pressure regulator

-Previous owner installed a new fuel pump and a fuel pump sock

-Checked tps signals 0.5v DC at rest (closed) to 4.5v DC at wide open.

- Checked distributor timing 14 degrees.

-Replaced spark plug leads to NGK blues.

- Replaced main relay for a new one from Honda.

- New knock sensor is also installed.

-New NTK o2 sensor installed.

-Valve clearance carried out to specs on the sticker under the hood.

-New map sensor, intake temp sensor all installed.

-Stock headers, stock cat (not blocked), type r muffler.

-Exhaust smells chalky like running lean, compared to my mates b18c2 his one smells more petrol like? Hard to explain.

The problem is that it idles fine, but once you step on the gas it either bogs and sputters very bad, this happens from 800rpm to around 3k rpm or if you baby the throttle it climbs up slowly and after 3k rpm it works like its supposed to revs freely up top but bogs and sputters and sometimes even misfires out of the throttle body, very loud pops. i have replaced everything i could think of to make this car a reliable daily, i even switched around ecus from another VTIR, still same problems persists.

One thing that's also not seem to be working is the iab solenoid under the intake which controls the flaps inside the 2 stage intake manifold, not sure if that would cause it to run like crap.

Has anyone ever dealt with a problem like this? If so please guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

(UPDATE) Car runs fine when its started from cold, but once it reaches operating temp thats when it starts acting up.

silver_screen
22-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Maybe there's an air leak near the throttle body? From memory, spraying throttle body cleaner around the TB and intake manifold to see if it changes the idle is a good way to check for leaks etc

Thats all the ideas i have atm.. I'll think and see if anything else comes up.

PS. See if you can jimmy up the IAB so they are always open/closed/whatever position its in now and then see what happens?

bennjamin
22-11-2015, 07:31 PM
MAP and TPS plugs swapped accidentally ?

ECU-MAN
22-11-2015, 08:53 PM
did you get a new coil when you got the new dizzy ?

silver_screen
22-11-2015, 10:20 PM
did you get a new coil when you got the new dizzy ?
Pretty sure the coil is inside the dizzy unit.

ECU-MAN
23-11-2015, 06:28 AM
doesn't mean much, by new he could mean a different second hand dizzy, or aftermarket non OEM dizzy

silver_screen
23-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Yeah good point!

OP, did you get a brand new unit or a 2nd hand one for the dizzy?

EgFanatic
24-11-2015, 09:13 PM
i found out the problem guys, the sock on the fuel pump was upside down, wasnt getting enough fuel pressure after car warmed up..

EgFanatic
25-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Yeah good point!

OP, did you get a brand new unit or a 2nd hand one for the dizzy?

got a new one brand new from states, honda usa still has em in stock 250$ delivered