PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury door speakers problem

The Dec
17-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Hi guys,

The car has a six speaker system but I have a problem with both speakers in the back doors. In that they don't appear working at all.

Just bought the car and had the radio on and my wife noticed that no sound was coming from either one of them. Can anyone tell what I can check to identify what the problem maybe.

Cheers,

The Dec

Martin77
18-01-2016, 05:26 AM
My euro is standard and not luxury.
It has splits at the front (2 woofer and 2 tweeter) and 2 (6x9) at the back. When I looked (with a torch) at the rear door on the speaker grill, no speakers were present behind it. Maybe they forgot to put one there for my car.

The Dec
18-01-2016, 01:02 PM
My euro is standard and not luxury.
It has splits at the front (2 woofer and 2 tweeter) and 2 (6x9) at the back. When I looked (with a torch) at the rear door on the speaker grill, no speakers were present behind it. Maybe they forgot to put one there for my car.

Really they forgot to put a speakers in there ?

To be honest I wouldn't have ever thought that would be the case.

If anything I thought it may have been the way the previous owner had the speakers configured through the stereo or something like that.

Thanks I will have a look tonight

Fredoops
18-01-2016, 04:02 PM
There are NO SPEAKERS in the rear doors

Doesnt matter if it's Lux or Standard.

Only the American and Japanese local versions with the Pioneer "Premium" 8 speaker system have speakers in rear doors.

The "Six" speaker system Honda australia claimed, include tweeters as spealers

so: 2 tweeter + 2 front door woofer + 2 rear deck 6x9 = 6 speaker system

The Dec
18-01-2016, 04:31 PM
There are NO SPEAKERS in the rear doors

Doesnt matter if it's Lux or Standard.

Only the American and Japanese local versions with the Pioneer "Premium" 8 speaker system have speakers in rear doors.

The "Six" speaker system Honda australia claimed, include tweeters as spealers

so: 2 tweeter + 2 front door woofer + 2 rear deck 6x9 = 6 speaker system

Gidday,

Thanks for the reply most appreciated

I must say that is quite disappointing on Honda's part if not very misleading.

I assume that its not that difficult to put speakers into the rear doors.

Cheers,

The Dec

Fredoops
18-01-2016, 05:28 PM
You need to run wiring and need to somehow drive them.

The stock head unit is a low power unit so it could prove tricky without an aftermarket amp or head unit

Martin77
18-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Fredoops is right.
It is also good to think why you need the additional speakers at the back door. Is it volume, clarity, bass or what?
And depending on your budget you will need to approach it differently.

The Dec
18-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys if that's the case and I need another unit I wont bother then with all the hassle.

I still cant believe that Honda have speakers in the car that have no sound coming out of them. That's crazy

Cheers,

The Dec

safetycar
18-01-2016, 09:59 PM
I still cant believe that Honda have speakers in the car that have no sound coming out of them. That's crazy

As above. No actual speakers there.

Believe in the TSX the parcel shelf ones aren't fool range, have a low pass filter to act as subwoofers. No need for full-range speakers in the door and parcel shelf. Could fit speakers and disable the parcel shelf ones. No issue driving them then. Not much point either though.

Also, pretty sure counting tweeters is pretty much the industry standard.